This Fry Sauce Recipe is a creamy, sweet, tangy, and versatile condiment. It takes 5 minutes to whip up and is perfect served with fries, burgers, and more!
I can’t get enough of this fry sauce. We use it regularly as a dipping sauce for air fryer fries (obvi), but we also slather it on our burgers, dunk our chicken nuggets into it, and most recently, we’ve used it as a sauce for our homemade cheeseburger pizza (recipe coming soon)!
What is fry sauce?
Fry sauce is a classic condiment often served with, yep, you guessed it, fries!
At its most basic, fry sauce is made up of mayo and ketchup. However, flavor variations are common! Today, we’re making it sweet, tangy, and spicy with pickle juice, sugar, and a simple blend of seasonings.
- Mayonnaise and Ketchup – the classic fry sauce base. The mayo makes this dip creamy and the ketchup adds a bright sweetness.
- Yellow Mustard, Pickle Juice, and Worcestershire Sauce – all three add savory and tangy flavors to offset the creamy sweetness of the mayo and ketchup.
- Granulated Sugar – cuts the tang from the mustard, pickle juice, and worcestershire sauce.
- Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Paprika – a simple and flavorful seasoning blend to give our fry sauce a little somethin’ somethin’ extra.
How to make
This sauce couldn’t be easier . . . your fries are waiting!
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until well-combined then serve and enjoy!
The great thing about fry sauce is you can make it super simple OR you can play around with flavors! Here are some fun ideas.
- Make it smoky. Use smoked paprika, liquid smoke, or chipotle pepper powder.
- Add more pickle. Make it more textured by adding a scoop of relish.
- Swap the mustard. Add a bit of spice by using dijon mustard in place of regular yellow mustard.
- Spice it up. Mix in a drizzle of sriracha or hot sauce.
- BBQ it. Stir in a touch of BBQ sauce.
What to serve with fry sauce
This sauce is delicious served with your favorite frozen french fries AND it can be served with a number of different other recipes too. Here are some of my favorites:
How to store
Store leftover fry sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for 7-10 days. Serve cold!
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickle juice, worcestershire, sugar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and paprika into a large bowl.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to use!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.