A completely gluten free pasta dish, this Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta Recipe is full of gluten free penne, chicken apple sausage, veggies, and the creamiest sauce!
Today is very exciting, because today’s recipe, while it is Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta, it’s actually GLUTEN FREE! Can I get a *woot woot* from my gluten free readers?
Non gluten free readers, don’t go running yet, because yes, this recipe uses gluten free pasta, but I’m telling you, you’d never know.
How do I know this? Because I didn’t tell Trevor while he was taste testing and he had no idea. 😉
This Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta is full of tender penne pasta, amazing chicken apple sausage, spicy jalapenos, sweet corn, and a creamy, dreamy sauce.
There’s a whole lotta flavor going on with minimal work – perfect for those busy weekday nights! Plus, hellooooo leftovers, this recipe makes a ton!
Many of you readers have been asking for more gluten free recipes, so when Aidells® Sausage & Barilla® Pasta reached out to us to create a recipe using their Chicken & Apple Sausage and gluten free pasta, I got super excited and immediately said Heck. Yes.
While Trevor and I don’t follow a gluten free diet, we have a ton of friends and some family members that do, and with brands like Barilla® and Aidells®, it’s becoming so much easier to enjoy the foods you love, without having to sacrifice taste and quality!
Like I said. Trevor didn’t even know I was using gluten free pasta!
Having a food blog means that a day rarely goes by without a visit to the grocery store.
Thank GOODNESS I’m literally a 5 minute walk away from Target, so going to get groceries doesn’t seem AS much like a chore.
So before I made this Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta Recipe, I made a quick stop by Target, got all my ingredients (um plus like 5 other unnecessary items, because really it’s, um, #target), and then whipped this up in no time.
So yeah, let’s talk about that for a second, this recipe is really quick and easy to put together.
You’re gonna start by browning your Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausages, which, btw, are gluten free, and are also free of nitrites and hormones. Can I get another *woot woot*? Just kidding. I’m done.
Once the sausage has some color, you’re going to add in some yellow onion and jalapeno, because hellloo we’re making Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta!
While the veggies get nice and soft, you’re gonna go ahead and start cooking your Barilla® Gluten Free Penne, which is made with both corn and rice –> it’s super yummy and delicious. Plus, I telling you, it totally has the classic pasta taste and texture we all love.
While the pasta gets tender, you’re going to finish the sauce by stirring in some white wine, garlic, corn, diced tomatoes, cream cheese, some pasta water, parmesan, and fresh basil.
Then you’re going to combine your cooked pasta and the sauce and you’ve got yourself a completely tasty and GLUTEN FREE pasta dish!
The end result is a tender pasta dish full of flavor and texture.
I just love the combination of sweet sausage, soft veggies, and an ultra creamy sauce. Plus I love the sweetness and “pop” of texture the corn gives this dish <– so so ridiculously good.
This Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta Recipe has got to be next on your to do list. Easy, full of flavor and texture, and I mean, come on, it’s pasta and sausage. What’s not to love?!
PS – Be sure to check out this Cartwheel deal for 5% off Aidells Gluten Free Sausage and this Cartwheel deal for 5% off Barilla Pasta & Sauce for your next Target trip!
What are your favorite gluten free recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1 (12 oz) box Barilla® GF Penne Pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage sliced rounds
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 whole jalapeño diced (de-seeded for less spice)
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and sausage, and brown for about 3-5 minutes.
- Add onion and jalapeno and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- De-glaze with 1/4 cup white wine, let it cook for about 60 seconds.
- Stir in the garlic, corn, and tomatoes, and cook, stirring often, until the corn is warmed through, another 2 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese, reserved pasta water, and parmesan. Mix until parmesan has melted and cream cheese has incorporated.
- Remove from heat, stir in pasta and basil and serve immediately
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Barilla® & Aidells®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.