These No-Bake Easy Caramel Walnut Tarts are mind blowing delicious. Walnut, graham cracker crust topped with a two ingredient caramel, more walnuts, a two ingredient chocolate ganache and sea salt!
Today’s post is sponsored by the California Walnut Board.
These Easy Caramel Walnut Tarts are literally blowing my mind.
When I had the idea for these tarts, I thought they were going to be delicious, but I didn’t realize they’d become my latest dessert OBSESSION.
I’m NOT even lying, you should really just stop reading and RUN to the store so you can join in my obsession with these tarts.
Wanna know what’s even better?
These tarts, while they might LOOK pretty and kinda fancy, they’re actually insanely easy to make.
As Trevor would say, these Easy Caramel Walnut Tarts are “hashtag getinmybelly” (yes, I have him on a twelve step program to stop using hashtags).
Let’s start with the crust: a nutty twist on a classic.
Graham crackers and walnuts <– throw ’em in your food processor and pulse until they resemble fine crumbs <– dump ’em in a bowl and mix with brown sugar and melted butter <– press into individual tart pans and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Next up, the caramel.
Two ingredients, people!
Place caramel squares and heavy cream into a saucepan and melt. That’s IT!
Once melted, you’ll pour it over the chilled crust, and top with more w.a.l.n.u.t.s.
Chill again, and then
Dark chocolate chips + heavy cream <– melt it. Then.
You have two options:
- Pour chocolate to cover the entire tart
- Use a spoon and drizzle chocolate over the tart
You can’t go wrong, it just depends on how chocolate-y you’re feeling.
The last step is a sprinkle of maldon sea salt flakes and an extra dash of crushed walnuts.
Whatever you do. Don’t skimp on the walnuts or sea salt. Because hello crunchy, sweet, salty perfection.
So. Let’s review:
- 4 ingredient crust
- 2 ingredient caramel
- 2 ingredient chocolate
- Sea salt and crushed walnuts to top it off
You guyyyyys, these are just TOO easy not to make ASAP.
I absolutely LOVE that you get a little sweet, a little salty, a little crunch, a little chewy, a little caramel-y, a little chocolate-y . . .
These Easy Caramel Walnut Tarts are everything.
Caramel Walnut Tarts
Equipment for this recipe
- 3 sheets graham crackers
- 1/2 cup California Walnuts
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 36 caramels squares unwrapped
- 1/4 cup half & half or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped California Walnuts
Chocolate (may need to double if you like a lot of chocolate)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3-6 tablespoons half & half or heavy cream enough to make it drizzly 🙂
- Maldon sea salt flakes
- Chopped California Walnuts
- Grease 4 individual tart pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place graham crackers and walnuts into food processor.
- Pulse until they resemble fine crumbs.
- Pour crumbs into a large bowl and stir together with melted butter and brown sugar.
- Place 3 tablespoons of mixture into each prepared tart pan and use the back of a spoon to gently press down.
- Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt caramels and cream together in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth. Stir constantly.
- Pour over cooled crust.
- Top with chopped walnuts.
- Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate and cream together in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted and smooth. Stir constantly.
- Pour or drizzle over chilled tarts.
- Top with maldon sea salt flakes and walnuts.
- Chill for an additional 30 minutes and serve!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to our friends at the California Walnut Board for sponsoring today’s post!