These Brownie Mix Cookies are made with brownie mix, instant chocolate pudding, and semi-sweet chocolate chips. They’re moist, fudgy, and oh-so-chocolate-y!
- Brownie Mix – a pre-made mix of flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Using brownie mix as a base for cookies gives so much delicious chocolate flavor and keeps them super quick and easy!
- Instant Chocolate Pudding – not only does pudding mix add chocolate flavor but it also helps the cookies hold their shape and makes them super light and soft.
- Unsalted Butter – adds moisture and flavor depth.
- Eggs – helps bind the ingredients together so the cookies can hold their shape.
- Semisweet Chocolate Chips – gives the cookies a bit of creamy texture.
- Powdered Sugar – optional, but highly recommended for extra sweetness and color contrast.
How to make
I love how easy these cookies are to make. Just 10 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to bake!
- Place brownie mix, instant pudding, melted butter, and eggs into a large bowl then beat until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop to portion the dough into 22 cookie dough balls onto 3 baking sheets lined with silicone baking mats.
- Optional: place powdered sugar into a medium sized bowl and roll each cookie dough ball until fully coated.
- Bake the cookies at 350ºF for 15-20 minutes then cool, serve, and enjoy!
Why is there pudding mix in cookies?
Instant pudding mix is made up of a pre-gelatinized starch which helps the cookies hold their shape and makes them ultra soft.
It also adds sweetness and extra chocolate flavor to the cookies!
- Use other mix-ins. Swap some of the chocolate chips out for crushed walnuts, marshmallows, toffee bits, etc. You’ll need one cup total mix-ins.
- Add espresso. Mix in some espresso powder to enhance the chocolate flavor.
- Make them peanut butter chocolate. Swirl in some peanut butter or use peanut butter chips.
- Frost them. Let the cookies cool then top them off with some homemade frosting.
- Make ice cream sandwiches. Smush your favorite ice cream between two cooled brownie cookies for a delicious two-in-one dessert.
How to store
Leftover brownie mix cookies will last in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To enjoy again, serve at room temp, from the fridge, or microwave/bake to warm.
Brownie Mix Cookies
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 (18.4 oz) box brownie mix
- 1 (3.9 oz) box instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar optional for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 3 rimmed baking sheets with silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Place brownie mix, instant pudding, melted butter, and eggs into a large bowl, then beat until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop the dough into 22 cookie dough balls, placing no more than 8 onto each prepared sheet.
- Optional: place powdered sugar into a medium sized bowl and roll each dough ball until fully coated.
- Optional: chill the dough for 30 minutes to prevent spreading.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes (15 minutes will be chewier, 20 minutes will be more cake-like with slightly crisper edges).
- Remove from oven, cool for 2-5 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.