This seriously is The Best Vanilla Frosting Recipe! Only five ingredients needed to make this ultra creamy, super fluffy, perfectly vanilla-y, sweet, but not too sweet buttercream frosting!
Ok. So I’m totally a week late, but October 20th was SMTY’s 2nd birthday/blogiversary! I can’t believe that just two short years ago (October 20, 2014), I was hitting publish on my very first post and this little food blog was born.
Last year, I celebrated with No Bake Funfetti Cheesecake Cupcakes and this year we’re celebrating with The Best Vanilla Frosting Recipe, of course! And probably a little bubbly to go with it later tonight, too, because #yolo, amiright? 😉
This seriously is the best vanilla frosting and I’ve actually been making it as a base for other frosting recipes for years, but for whatever reason it never occurred to me to just keep it simple and share with you guys an easy vanilla frosting recipe!
But have no fear, because here it is: The Best Vanilla Frosting Recipe to celebrate SMTY’s birthday, because the only way to celebrate a birthday is with the most perfect, easy, fluffy, delicious, simple frosting. 🙂
Sooooo much has happened in the last two years . . .
- Trevor quit his job and came on full time to SMTY.
- We made and devoured way too much Puppy Chow.
- We started a YouTube channel and added videos to most of our videos where Trevor and I were “hosting” our own show.
- Trevor and I celebrated our 1 and 2 year wedding anniversaries by eating our favorite Easy Shrimp Alfredo.
- We started making 60 second videos for our Facebook page, because let’s be real, we all ♡ those.
- Trevor launched The Blog Village.
- Trevor and I hosted our very first SMTY Food Video Workshop.
And so so much more!
Before we talk about frosting, I just wanted to say thank YOU to all of you who come to SMTY. Whatever you’re coming for – the stories, the recipes, the occasional photos of Teddy 😉 . . . – whatever brings you here, thank you, thank you, thank YOU, because without you SMTY wouldn’t be where it is today.
And thank you for being here today to celebrate our 2nd birthday with The Best Vanilla Frosting Recipe!
This is the best vanilla frosting for many reasons:
#1 It’s ridiculously thick and fluffy
#2 It’s perfectly vanilla-y
#3 It’s super quick and easy
#4 It only requires FIVE ingredients
Pipe it on all the cupcakes, cookies, spoons, whatever.
We’re Show Me the Yummy: Easy Recipes for Yummy Food, so this recipe is the perfect way to celebrate our birthday, right?!
I mean. You just saw how easy that was, yes?
Plus, it’s SOOOOOO delicious. The result is an ultra creamy, super fluffy, perfectly vanilla-y, sweet, but not too sweet buttercream frosting.
Make this for all your birthdays, pop a bottle of bubbly, and celebrate!
How do YOU celebrate birthdays? And by that I mean, what food do you celebrate with? 😉 Show Me the Yummy!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Using your stand (or hand) mixer, beat butter for 60 seconds in a bowl.
- Beat in powdered sugar and salt slowly.
- Slowly pour in heavy cream and vanilla and beat until well combined and fluffy.
- Ready to frost or refrigerate!
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.