Sweet and savory, these Breakfast Strata Cups are loaded with sweet bread, salty bacon, gooey cheese, and drizzled in maple syrup!
Thanks to our friends at Ozery Bakery for sponsoring today’s post!
These Breakfast Strata Cups are the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
Usually, for me, my breakfasts go one of two ways:
- Sweet – in the form of a smoothie
- Savory – in the form of eggs
Today, however, I didn’t want one OR the other . . . I wanted BOTH.
Today, I’ve made you these Breakfast Strata Cups.
And like I said.
They’re the PERFECT combination of sweet and savory. 🙂
Do you ever have those moments when you actually can’t decide whether you want something sweet or savory?
I feel like this situation happens to me almost daily, ESPECIALLY in the mornings.
Inevitably, I satisfy both those cravings by eating allthesweetthings, then eating allthesavorythings, and then repeat that until I’m stuffed.
I figured there HAD to be a better solution.
And guess what?
There is. 😉
Breakfast Strata Cups to the rescue!
The sweet comes in the form of Ozery Bakery’s Muesli Morning Rounds. They’re PACKED with sweet apples and raisins and are LOADED with fiber, oats, flax seeds, sunflower seeds and other good for you grains.
The savory comes in the form of pecans, bacon, and gouda.
It’s so good.
Let me break it down for you.
Cube the morning rounds –> place in bowl –> add in cooked bacon, gouda, pecans <– set aside.
Grab another bowl –> add in eggs, milk, salt, and pepper <– whisk –> pour over morning round mixture –> stir together.
Scoop mixture into jumbo muffin tin –> bake until golden and delish –> drizzle on maple syrup.
The result is sweet, soft bread that’s loaded with gooey cheese, salty bacon, and sweet maple syrup… I’d describe them as sweet and savory french toast casserole muffins…and
Breakfast Strata Cups Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 (12 oz) package Ozery Bakery Muesli Morning Rounds cubed (3 buns)
- 4 slices bacon cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded gouda
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- maple syrup for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 6 slot jumbo muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add in cubed bread, diced bacon, shredded gouda, and chopped pecans.
- Stir until well combined.
- Use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to evenly fill the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes, or until egg mixture has cooked through.
- Cool slightly and serve with maple syrup!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Ozery Bakery for sponsoring today’s post!