These White Bean Blondies are healthy, vegan, gluten free, and oh yeah, actually delicious! Full of white beans, oats, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, and a few chocolate chips! SO easy! And I promise you can’t taste the beans. 🙂
These white bean blondies are so so so so so so soooooo yummy.
You’re like, wait what?
White bean blondies?!
- What the heck?
- Ew. Gross.
But you guys. I swear on everything that these.do.not.taste.like.beans. They’re based off my black bean brownies recipe, which also, magically, does not taste like beans.
I challenge you to give these to someone that doesn’t know what’s in these and I’m 99.999999999% sure that they’ll never know that
- These have beans in them
- They’re healthy
Why? Because I did exactly that to Trevor and he had NO idea.
[insert evil laugh here]
I am definitely not someone who always eats healthy desserts.
Because, sometimes, a woman just needs some puppy chow, ya know?! And I truly believe that you can eat anything you want in moderation.
All that being said, it’s January, and I know I’m not alone in trying to make healthier choices, but DARN IT, my sweet tooth is outta control.
White bean blondies!
- They’re quick and easy to make – great, because when that sugar craving comes in, in comes in STRONG.
- They’re definitely healthier – protein from the white beans, a touch of coconut oil to keep these from being gummy, plus, they’re gluten free and vegan!
- They’re actually delicious – they taste like cinnamon, maple, and chocolate!
Have I convinced you to make these white bean blondies yet?
You’ll start by placing white beans, vinegar, unsweetened applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into your food processor.
Process until verrrrrrry smooth.
Stir in just a few chocolate chips and chopped walnuts.
That’s it! Just bake ’em up, cool, and serve!
While these white bean blondies are fabulous as is. I highly recommend serving them warm with a scoop of ice cream and an extra drizzle of maple syrup if you’re feeling dangerous. 😉
Warm, cozy, very slightly chocolatey, with an incredible, moist, rich texture . . .
Easy, healthy, bean filled desserts have never been quite this delicious. 😉
White Bean Blondies
- 1 (15 oz) can great northern white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips make sure they’re vegan if you’re vegan
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips for topping, make sure they’re vegan if you’re vegan
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts for topping
- Vanilla ice cream for topping, make sure it's vegan if you’re vegan
- Maple syrup for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9 slots of a standard 12 slot non-stick muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place beans, vinegar, applesauce, oil, vanilla, maple syrup, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into your food processor.
- Process until very smooth.
- Remove blade, then stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup walnuts.
- Fill each of the 9 slots with 1/4 cup batter.
- Top with remaining walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-14 minutes.*
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve!
- Top with ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Don’t top with ice cream or maple syrup if doing this. 🙂
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.