Only four ingredients, ten minutes, and one pot to make the BEST Rice Krispie Treats Recipe! This easy dessert is a sure crowd pleaser!
I’m kicking off the holiday baking season with the BEST, yes the BEST Rice Krispie Treats Recipe.
These are the best because they’re quick, easy, and hellloooo only require four ingredients.
Rice Krispie Treats Ingredients:
- Mini marshmallows
- Rice Krispies cereal
But before we dive into this ooey gooey recipe …
How the h.e.c.k. is it the last day of November?
That can’t be right. Thanksgiving went by in the blink of an eye.
How was everyone’s Thanksgiving btw? Mine was full of family and too many potatoes … and I wouldn’t change it for anything. 🙂 We drove to see Trevor’s family and stayed with Trevor’s grandpa for a couple of days …
Isn’t he the sweetest?! And guess how old he is …
I seriously still can’t believe it! He looks like he’s 70 … max. And I think he’s sharper and funnier than we are 😉
We had the best time hanging out at his Aunt Judy and Uncle Alan’s house and I miss them already, but now we’re home, Thanksgiving is over, and we’re now past pumpkin season and onto the season of cookies, cookies, and more cookies.
Speaking of cookies, I have some reeeeally good recipes (and videos!) coming up, so be sure to stay tuned.
But until then, like I said, we’re kicking off the holiday baking season with this totally awesome, ooey-gooey rice krispie treats recipe.
Now you might be thinking…seriously, Jennifer. Rice krispie treats?! Everyone knows how to make them. While that may be true, just like with my puppy chow aka muddy buddies recipe…you might be making it wrong! 😉
My puppy chow recipe is better, because I use the WHOLE box of cereal.
Seriously, who likes leaving that random two cups of cereal in the box? It’s also better, because I use more chocolate, more peanut butter, and more powdered sugar. In this case, more is most certainly better. 😉
I took that same idea and applied it to this recipe to make these the best rice krispie treats.
How do I make the best Rice Crispy Treats?
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a large stockpot over low heat
- Stir in salt and 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- Cook until the marshmallows have melted
- Remove the stockpot from heat and stir in another bag of mini marshmallows and a box of rice krispies cereal
- Pour mixture into a couple of greased pans and gently press down
- Cool, cut, and serve!
Easy peasy, right?!
To be honest, this recipe was kind of an accident. The original plan was to melt some butter on the stove, stir in the marshmallows, let them melt, then stir in the cereal and call it a day.
But as I was taste testing the mixture in my stockpot, it wasn’t marshmallow-y enough and it needed juuuust a pinch of salt. So I decided, what the heck, I’ll throw in some salt and just dump some more marshmallows in.
Best. Decision. To. Date.
I love that half of the marshmallows are melty – to make that really ooey gooey texture we all love about rice krispie treats – but I also really love that half the marshmallows are kept whole. It keeps these rice krispie treats really soft and the texture? It’s just too good.
My other secret to making this the BEST rice krispie treats recipe?
Don’t push down too hard when pressing these into your pan!
If you push too hard, you’re compacting the cereal, which makes for a really hard treat.
It’s just science, really. 😉
These rice krispies are soft, chewy, crunchy, marshmallow-y, ooey, gooey, and just overall amazing.
These are also the easiest treats you’ll ever make, because you only need FOUR ingredients and TEN minutes.
Need I say more?
What are some holiday treats you’d like to see on the blog? Show me the yummy!
Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16 oz) bags Mini marshmallows divided
- 1 (12 oz) box Rice Krispies cereal
- Grease two pans with cooking spray (I used one 9x13 in pan and one 8x8 in pan).
- Melt butter over low heat in a large stockpot.
- Once butter has melted, stir in salt and ONE BAG of mini marshmallows.
- Stir constantly until melted.
- Once the marshmallows have melted, remove from heat and stir in cereal and the other bag of mini marshmallows. Stir gently so you don’t crush the cereal.
- Pour mixture into prepared pans and GENTLY press in evenly. If you press too hard, you’ll end up with hard rice krispies.*
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.**
**Cut right before serving or they might dry out. Store, covered, at room temperature.
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.