These Lucky Charms Cookies are moist, chewy, crunchy, and packed with Lucky Charms cereal, Lucky Charms marshmallows, and white chocolate chips!
What are lucky charms cookies?
Lucky Charms cookies are made up of classic cookie dough that’s packed with Lucky Charms cereal.
Yep, that’s right…not just Lucky Charms marshmallows, but the cereal too! This makes the cookies the perfect blend of light, fluffy, chewy, and crunchy.
- Unsalted Butter – incorporated into the dough cold for thicker, fluffier cookies.
- Brown Sugar and Granulated Sugar – both sugars add sweetness while the molasses content in brown sugar makes the cookies more moist and chewy.
- Eggs – bind the ingredients together so the cookies can hold their shape.
- Vanilla Extract – adds flavor depth.
- All-Purpose Flour – gives the cookies their structure.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix – provides the cookies with additional flavor and also makes them more moist and chewy.
- Salt – cuts the sweetness.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda – makes the cookies extra light and fluffy.
- Lucky Charms Cereal – the cereal AND the marshmallows!
- White Chocolate Chips – the creamy sweetness of white chocolate chips pairs perfectly with the lucky charms cereal.
How to make
- Place butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer then beat until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides then beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add in flour, instant pudding, salt, baking powder, and baking soda then beat until fully incorporated.
- Mix in cereal and white chocolate chips.
- Use a large cookie scoop to portion the mixture out onto 4 baking sheets lined with silicone mats (you should have 32 total dough balls—8 on each sheet.)
- Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes (optional) then bake at 350ºF for 15 minutes. Cool slightly before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before serving.
Do you need to chill the dough?
Not necessarily but I do recommend taking the extra step.The colder the dough is the thicker and fluffier your cookies will be!
Do you use just lucky charms marshmallows?
No! You can just scoop the Lucky Charms cereal straight out of the box and incorporate that into the dough—cereal pieces and all!
If you would prefer to just use the marshmallows, you can definitely pick them out of the cereal but it will take a whole heck of a lot longer.
Can you use normal marshmallows?
No. Lucky Charms marshmallows aren’t nearly as soft and gooey as regular marshmallows. Using regular marshmallows will completely change the makeup and texture of the cookies.
How to store
Leftover lucky charms cookies will last in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week, in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To enjoy again, serve from the fridge, at room temp, or microwave to warm.
Lucky Charms Cookies
Equipment for this recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter cold and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs cold
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour spoon and leveled
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups lucky charms cereal plus extra marshmallows for garnish
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Place butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar into the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Beat until light and fluffy, this takes a while, because the butter is cold.
- Scrape down the sides, then beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add in flour, instant pudding, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, and beat again, until incorporated.
- Gently beat in cereal and white chocolate chips.
- Line 4 baking sheets with silicone baking mats.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out 32 dough balls — place 8 onto each prepared baking sheet.
- Optional - chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then baked the chilled dough balls for about 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.