These No Bake Walnut Cheesecake Bites are the perfect bite sized treat! A creamy cheesecake and walnut filling that’s covered in chocolate! Vegetarian and gluten free.
Today’s post is sponsored by the California Walnut Board.
For those that celebrate it, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas yesterday!
It’s on to New Years!
How the HECK is 2017 already *almost* over?!
No bake walnut cheesecake bites.
You better believe these will be my contribution to our NYE party this year.
Speaking of which, do you guys have any plans?
Last year we did a Progressive Cocktail Party with all our neighbors – basically everyone makes a cocktail/snack to sip/eat at their place and then you hop around to each home! SO fun!
This year, we’re keeping things a little more low key – helllllooooo from Destin, Florida – we plan to eat a few appetizers and obviously make no bake walnut cheesecake bites for dessert. 🙂
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again.
I LOVE hosting. I just love having people over and making sure everyone is well fed and has a good time.
My key to success?
KEEP. THINGS. EASY.
That way you can relax and enjoy the party, too. 🙂
Whether you’re hosting this years New Years Eve party or just attending, these no bake walnut cheesecake bites would be the perfect dessert!
- They’re quick and easy! I <3 no-bake desserts, don’t you?!
- They’re bite sized. Perfect for parties. No silverware or plates necessary!
- They’re delicious. Who doesn’t love cheesecake covered in chocolate?!
Now that you’re convinced that these are perfect for New Years Eve. Let’s make some!
You’ll start by creaming butter and cream cheese together in a large bowl.
Add in powdered sugar, vanilla instant pudding mix, vanilla, and salt.
Next, you’ll stir in finely chopped walnuts and mini chocolate chips. I LOVE using California Walnuts in this recipe for added crunch and they add such a yummy butter-y nutty flavor. And I love using mini chocolate chips, so you get chocolate in every bite. 🙂
Then you’ll scoop the mixture into uniform bites using a cookie scoop. Scoop them onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet and place them in the fridge to firm up.
Lastly, you’ll dunk the bites in melted chocolate (the diet starts tomorrow, it’s New Years Eve! 😉 ) and an extra sprinkle of crushed walnuts, because it makes them pretty. 🙂
These no bake walnut cheesecake bites taste great when stored in the fridge and even better when stored in the freezer!
Tangy cheesecake filling, buttery crunchy walnuts, loads of chocolate . . .
I mean . . .
it’s just the PERFECT little bite. 🙂
Happy New Year!
No Bake Walnut Cheesecake Bites
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened (1/2 cup = 1 stick)
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped California Walnuts plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Melted chocolate for topping
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese until well combined.
- Add in sugar, pudding mix, vanilla, and salt.
- Beat until combined.
- Stir in crushed walnuts and mini chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to make 21 even bites and place onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes - 1 hour, or until firm.
- Dunk each bite into melted chocolate, top with crushed walnuts, then place back onto prepared baking sheet.
- Place in fridge until chocolate has hardened.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to our friends at the California Walnut Board for sponsoring today’s post!