This Beet Pasta Recipe is perfect for spring! Made with fresh beet pasta, lemon juice, a touch of olive oil, arugula, goat cheese, and toasted pine nuts, this pasta is easy, fresh, and delicious!
Today’s post is sponsored by our new friends at Pasta Crate. Fresh pasta delivered right to my door? Um. That’s a no brainer…yes please!
T.G.I.F. and Happy April Fool’s Day! While I don’t have any tricks or jokes up my sleeve (totally not my forte), I DO have this amazing Beet Pasta Recipe to share with you! I’ve made it
fairly extremely obvious that I seriously love carbs, especially pasta, which is why I’m extra excited about today’s recipe.
It’s Friday. It’s been a looooong week, and I don’t know about you, but on Fridays, I like to cozy up to a good movie with an ice cold glass of white wine in one hand and a big ol’ bowl of pasta in the other.
You with me?
I thought so. 🙂
Since spring has finally arrived – thank GOODNESS – I wanted today’s pasta recipe to reflect all the things we love about spring: everything fresh, bright, and sunny.
And I gotta say, this Beet Pasta Recipe totally delivers.
PS – Keep reading, because Pasta Crate is giving away FREE pasta crates to two lucky readers! 👇 👇 👇
Best. Friday. Ever.
As I’m sure you guessed, this beet pasta is made with beet flavored pasta. 🙂
Holy. Moly. This pasta is gooooood. The best part is it’s made with real, simple ingredients: organic semolina flour, beets, and water. That’s it!
Now. You might be thinking, Jennifer, where the heck am I supposed to find a super cool pasta like beet fusilli!?
Good question. Simple answer: you get it delivered right to your door!
That’s where Pasta Crate comes in.
Pasta Crate is a super cool startup and we love supporting entrepreneurs! They have a monthly subscription crate that contains handmade, organic, specialty pastas. These pastas are delivered right to your door once a month. Heck. Yes.
I mean. Who DOESN’T want handmade unique pastas delivered to them every month?
Cool things about Pasta Crate:
- Free shipping
- They work with local small businesses dedicated to making pasta the right way
- Recipe suggestions are included for each of the pastas
- You’re always getting to try new, unique pastas!
- If you’ve never had handmade pasta before: yes, you can tell the difference. Yes, it’s amazing! No, store bought doesn’t come close.
Today, we received this beet fusilli from Sfoglini in New York, but next month? Who knows!
How exciting is that?
You wanna know what else is super exciting?
This Beet Pasta Recipe!
It’s exciting, because it’s ridiculously tasty, fresh, and most importantly, easy to make. Perfect for spring!
Here’s what you’re gonna do:
Boil your pasta <– remember, this isn’t your typical boxed pasta, so this pasta in particular only takes about 5 minutes to cook! Bonus!
Whisk together your sauce: olive oil and lemon juice.
Stir the cooked, drained pasta together with the sauce.
Gently stir in all the best spring ingredients: lemon zest, arugula, goat cheese, and toasted pine nuts <– that combo, you guys, I’m telling you, is killer.
The beet pasta adds a subtle sweetness and when it’s mixed with the bright lemon, peppery arugula, tangy/creamy goat cheese, and the roasty-toasty pine nuts. . . it’s heaven. HEAVEN.
Trevor, as always, was my first taste tester, and his immediate response was:
Then he had no words, because he was too busy shoveling in the rest of the pasta.
But the excitement doesn’t end there, you guys, because today, Pasta Crate is giving away TWO free boxes of pasta! All you need to do is enter below for a chance to win. 🙂
And whether you win or not, if you decide to purchase from Pasta Crate, use our coupon code for 10% off… forever! SHOWMETHEYUMMY10
And seriously. Do it.
Do it because their pasta is killer, the service is great, and their mission is awesome: bringing people quality food, and supporting the small businesses behind the food. ♡
In the meantime, grab a glass of pinot, make this beet pasta, and soak in all the glory that is spring!
Enter giveaway right here! 👇
What’s your favorite spring flavor? Show me the yummy!
- 1 pound beet fusilli*
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup pine nuts toasted**
- Cook the pasta according to package directions in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, whisk the olive oil and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain, but reserve 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Toss the pasta with the lemon/oil sauce.
- Optional - Add the reserved cooking liquid 1/4 cup at a time until desired consistency is reached. I actually didn’t need any when I served this right away, but as time goes on, it will dry out, so moisten it with the pasta water as needed. 🙂
- Gently stir in arugula, lemon zest, goat cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with pine nuts.
Thanks again to Pasta Crate for sponsoring today’s post. This carb loving girl is in pasta heaven! Thanks to YOU, readers, for supporting brands that keep SMTY up and running!