This easy banana bread recipe is ultra moist, perfectly dense, and has just the right amount of banana flavor! My take on a classic!
Because of that, I’ve been craving allllll the cozy foods and this easy banana bread recipe totally hit the spot.
Does anyone else love baking when it’s cold outside?!
I have SO many different variations of banana baked goods on the blog – brown sugar banana nut muffins, healthy chocolate banana muffins, vegan banana chocolate chip muffins, etc – but helllooooo, I don’t have a classic run of the mill simply perfect easy banana bread.
What’s wrong with me?!
We’re Show Me the Yummy: Easy Recipes for Yummy Food and we don’t have an easy banana bread?!
That changes. 🙂
This recipe definitely reminds me of my mom, because when I was growing up, more times than not, she’d be pulling a warm loaf of banana bread outta the oven after school.
It never lasted long, because my brother, sister, and I loooooooved it.
She’d actually store it in the fridge and I adored eating it cold slathered in butter with dinner and warmed in the microwave (with more butter, duh) for a warm cozy breakfast.
This easy banana bread recipe is actually a riff off the recipe I ate growing up, because, well, I just can’t help but tinker with recipes. It’s kiiiiind of my job. 😉
You’ll start by melting some butter.
Once melted, you’ll whisk in granulated sugar and brown sugar until the mixture is well combined.
From there, you’ll stir in buttermilk (yes please), vanilla, and eggs.
Then, the main event: ripe bananas. Three of them. Make sure they’re super ripe – the peel should practically be all black. This makes for a more banana-y, more moist banana bread. Trust me. 🙂
Mash ’em up, then stir them into the mixture.
Lastly, the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt <– stir it in and that’s your batter!
Bake it in a loaf pan for about an hour and then the toughest part . . .
Letting it cool slightly before diving in!
I LOVE this easy banana bread warm, room temperature, and chilled in the fridge. But please, if you can, slather on the butter, because it just takes it to a whole new level.
This easy banana bread is extremely moist, perfectly dense, thick, and has just the right about of banana flavor.
Usually I am all about the bells and whistles (ahem gimme all the chocolate chips, chunks, cinnamon, and spices) when it comes to banana bread, but I’m really loving the simplicity in this one! That being said, feel free to play around if you want to add chocolate or nuts!
Either way, I hope this banana bread recipe brings you as many happy memories as it does for me!
What variation on banana bread/muffins should I do next? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup mashed bananas packed, about 3 large very ripe bananas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Whisk in buttermilk, vanilla, and eggs.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- Fold in flour, baking soda, and salt. Don’t over mix!
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through, rotating the pan halfway through.*
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and continue cooling on a cooling rack.
- Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled with butter!
*If the top starts to get too brown, feel free to cover with foil.
* This post contains affiliate links. We receive a commission on purchases made via these links. The price you pay is not affected by using them.