Brown Sugar Banana Nut Muffins. Loaded with ripe bananas, sour cream, cinnamon, and TWO kinds of nuts: walnuts and pecans. These muffins are SO moist and fluffy!
I totally dropped off the face of the Earth last week.
In case you missed it, it’s been juuuuust a little nuts in the Debth household, because well, the Debth household is moving.
Long story short:
Trevor, Teddy, and I are traveling around the United States for the next year (you can learn more about that here). So far we’ve been to Chicago (we ate the MOST delicious deep dish pizza, of course <– video coming soon) and now we’re currently in Indianapolis!
Next up? Who knows for our travels, but next up for yummy treats?
Brown Sugar Banana Nut Muffins!
Is there anything better than waking up to fresh outta the oven, warm, soft, pillowy, sugar-y muffins?
Let me help you out, the answer is no. 😉
I TRY to eat a healthy, protein/veggie packed breakfast Monday-Friday, but come weekend, gimme alllll the gooey and delicious muffins.
It just feels right doesn’t it?
But today, I just wanted a really rich, dense, banana muffin. Sans chocolate.
But you could TOTALLY add chocolate if you wanted. 😉
You’ll start by whisking together your wet ingredients: mashed ripe bananas (watch the video 👆 for my roasting banana trick if you don’t have ripe bananas!), canola oil, vanilla, eggs, brown sugar, and sour cream.
Then you’ll stir in flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, and salt.
Finally, you’ll fold in chopped walnuts AND pecans.
An ultra fluffy, super moist, perfectly sweet, truly flavorful, with just a little crunch from the pecans and walnuts . . .
Grab a cup of coffee and go to town on these Brown Sugar Banana Nut Muffins!
Brown Sugar Banana Nut Muffins Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
Roasted Bananas (if you don't have ripe bananas)
- 4 bananas
Brown Sugar Banana Nut Muffins
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup Sour cream room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups mashed banana
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Place bananas (leaving the peel on) onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until bananas are blackened and soft.
- Carefully peel the bananas and mash. Set aside.
Brown Sugar Banana Nut Muffins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and grease either a 6-slot jumbo muffin tin or 12-slot standard muffin tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vanilla, eggs, brown sugar, sour cream, and mashed bananas.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until *just* combined. Don't over mix.
- Fold in walnuts and pecans.
- Using 1/2 cup measuring cup (or 1/4 cup measuring cup for standard muffins) fill jumbo muffin tin with batter.
- Whisk together the cinnamon sugar topping and sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 425 degree F for 5 minutes.
- Decrease oven to 350 degrees (leaving the muffins in the oven), and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes for jumbo muffins (or 8-10 minutes for standard muffins), or until an inserted toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly, and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.