This Crockpot Matcha Oatmeal is the perfect healthy, cozy breakfast! 5 minutes of prep for a nutrient dense, delicious, vegan, gluten free breakfast!
Thanks to matcha LOVE® for sponsoring today’s post.
Takin’ a little break from #alltheindulgentthings to bring you guys something that is equally cozy, but just slightly (ok actually a lot) healthier than my favorite holiday treats.
One of the biggest questions I get as a food blogger – other than “you do WHaaaaat???” – is how do you lead a healthy lifestyle while you’re surrounded by all those yummy treats?!
I mean. Last week was cookie and candy week on Show Me the Yummy.
My answer is always: “Everything in moderation”.
I have the largest sweet tooth in the world and carbs is my favorite food group.
I do enjoy sweets and carbs on a daily basis, but I counteract those indulgences with plenty of exercise and healthy foods like this Crockpot Matcha Oatmeal.
Eating healthy during the holiday season can surely be a challenge, but today, I’ve made it a heckofalot easier with this Crockpot Matcha Oatmeal.
Eating healthy during the holiday season is particularly challenging, because
- We’re all so darn busy! Holiday shopping, parties, work, vacations, gift wrapping, family gatherings, etc. There’s a lot going on.
That’s why it’s really important for me to prep healthy meals ahead of time, especially breakfast. If I can eat a healthy breakfast first thing in the morning, I tend to make better, healthier choices throughout the day.
Enter: my crockpot.
Make this Crockpot Matcha Oatmeal on Sunday and enjoy healthy breakfasts all week long.
Now. I KNOW you’ve heard of crockpot oatmeal before, but what the heck is matcha?!
Matcha is basically just a powdered, whole leaf green tea! The matcha I used for today’s recipe is matcha LOVE® culinary matcha powder which is Japanese green tea leaves that have been finely ground into matcha powder, and it’s absolutely delicious.
If you’re a tea drinker, I think you’re absolutely gonna love it.
I love it, because
- It tastes ah-mazing. It’s super earthy and cozy.
- It’s packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and caffeine. It’s all about #balance during the holidays, amiright?
- The culinary powder is super versatile – use it to make a latte, a smoothie, dessert bars, and yes, this crockpot matcha oatmeal! Which – btw – matcha LOVE® in general is super versatile. Whether you’re looking for tea powder, bottled tea, tea bags, etc – they’ve got you covered!
All you need to do to make this recipe is throw all the ingredients into your crockpot – coconut milk, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, steel cut oats, and matcha LOVE® culinary matcha powder – let it cook until it’s ultra creamy, and serve!
Easy. Healthy. Delicious. The PERFECT recipe to balance out all those holiday indulgences. 🙂
How do YOU stay healthy during the holidays? Show Me the Yummy!
Crockpot Matcha Oatmeal Recipe
- 2 (13.66 oz) cans lite coconut milk
- 3 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk from the carton (by the almond milk)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed - more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 3 tablespoons matcha LOVE culinary matcha powder
- Grease crockpot.
- Place everything in crockpot and whisk thoroughly to break up the matcha.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 and 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid, stir, and cook an additional 30 minutes - this helps the oatmeal thicken.
- Stir again, serve and top with flaked coconut, pecans, pomegranate arils, etc.
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Find matcha LOVE® near you!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of matcha LOVE®. The opinions and text are all mine.