These Easy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies are gluten free and full of old fashioned oats, white chocolate, and sweetened coconut! Quick, easy, thick, chewy, and soooo warm and cozy!
I am a chocolate dessert lover.
- Dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting? Gimme.
- Semi sweet chocolate and peanut butter cookies? Drool.
- Milk chocolate and mint brownies? Heck. Yes.
- Fruit dessert? Desserts without chocolate? Cinnamon? Coconut? Eh. Take it or leave it.
Normally, the more chocolate the better.
I made an easy coconut oatmeal cookies recipe and they made me forget my love of all things extra extra chocolate-y.
I almost couldn’t believe it either.
But I’m telling you.
These cookies are thick, warm, chewy, cozy, and have the most perfect amount of coconut flavor with melty white chocolate <– see I didn’t COMPLETELY take the chocolate away. 😉
You’re gonna love ’em.
These cookies are almost as easy to make as they are to devour the whole batch. 😉
How to make thick and chewy easy coconut oatmeal cookies
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, and vanilla using a hand mixer (you could also use a stand mixer)
- Beat in an egg
- Stir in ground old fashioned oats*, whole old fashioned oats, baking soda, and salt
- Add in white chocolate chips and coconut
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form cookies
- Bake on a silicone mat lined baking sheet for 12 minutes
*To replace the flour we’re grinding up old fashioned oats in our food processor. That’s it. Simply place old fashioned oats into the food processor and pulse until it resembles a fine flour.
It’s super simple, super quick, and you can grind up more than you need and just store the extra in your pantry for later!
Are these coconut oatmeal cookies gluten free?
Yes! These cookies are gluten free, just make sure to use old fashioned oats that are certified gluten free.
Other mix in suggestions for coconut oatmeal cookies
Don’t like white chocolate? No problem! Just replace with:
- Dark chocolate chips
- Milk chocolate chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cinnamon chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Chopped nuts
What mix in would YOU try? 🙂
These coconut oatmeal cookies are literally SO quick and easy to make. I’m absolutely obsessed with how thick, chewy, and hearty these cookies are. And I just know you’re going to love the chewy coconut and creamy white chocolate combo.
Easy Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup ground old fashioned oats* (certified gluten free if necessary)
- 1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats left whole (certified gluten free if necessary)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- In your stand mixer (or hand mixer), beat butter, brown sugar, and vanilla together until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in ground oats, whole oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until well combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and coconut.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pack dough into the 1/4 cup and turn out dough onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake immediately, or cover baking sheet with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.**
- Remove plastic wrap and bake cookies in preheated oven until golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. 12 minutes was perfect for me.
- Remove from oven and let cookies sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack to let finish cooling or eat immediately!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.