These Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Overnight Oats can be made in advance, are easy to make, are filled with chocolate and peanut butter, have a healthy twist on “jelly” with the raspberries AND are healthy? Sign. Me. Up!
When I was growing up, I’d always wake up and eat breakfast before anyone else was downstairs in the kitchen. I’d start with something mildly healthy, you know, like a chocolate pop tart 😉 . Most days, I’d end up still hungry and would find myself rummaging through our candy drawer. Reese’s are my ultimate weakness, but I’d also snack on things like Skittles, Twix, M&Ms… really, whatever I could get my hands on.
Long story short, I have, and probably always will have a very large sweet tooth.
In order to cure my cravings and not eat junk for breakfast, I’ve started making Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Overnight Oats. And let me tell you…these oats are delicious.
I am a HUGE fan of overnight oats. Trevor, however, is not, so there’s more for me and that’s just how I like it! #winning
I love overnight oats for a majority of reasons:
1. You can make them, ahem, the night before.
2. They’re SO easy. Ready to spend 3.6 seconds on making your breakfast?
3. They are taaasty. Perfect for people, like me, who like a little something sweet in the morning.
4. They’re healthy. Bonus!
I love that you can make these Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Overnight Oats the night before, even though I am totally a morning person…
Trevor might disagree on that one because, allegedly he has to practically shake me awake. I’m not buying it 😉
Whether you’re a morning person or not, who doesn’t love having breakfast ready for them when they wake up? Now we can all spend more time
getting ready sleeping.
Pretty much all you need to do to make these overnight oats is mash some banana, dump your ingredients into a bowl, give it a quick stir and store it in a super cute mason jar in the fridge overnight! It took me less than 5 minutes.
Less than 5 minutes to make a really yummy and healthy breakfast.
As someone who used to eat hot oatmeal for breakfast that had a higher brown sugar to oats ratio, I don’t miss the sugar at all! To sweeten these Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Overnight Oats I use banana, raspberries, and vanilla greek yogurt!
Plus, I still get my Reese’s fix from the cocoa powder and my homemade Maple Almond Butter!
So let’s review: these Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Overnight Oats can be made in advance, are easy to make, are filled with chocolate and peanut butter, have a healthy twist on “jelly” with the raspberries AND are healthy? Sign. Me. Up!
I especially love eating these in the summer, because as much as I love hot oatmeal for breakfast, when it’s 80 degrees by 10 AM, hot oatmeal doesn’t sound so appealing anymore.
Now I get to enjoy all the yummy benefits of oatmeal in a cool, refreshing, chocolatey way!
Overnight oats or hot oatmeal? Show me the yummy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Jelly Overnight Oats
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 (6 oz) container greek vanilla yogurt about 1/2 cup, (I used Simply 100)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup mashed banana about 1 small banana
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- more raspberries
- whole almonds I love the texture these give
- sliced bananas
- Place all ingredients, except raspberries and additional toppings in a medium sized bowl.
- Stir until well combined and then gently fold in 1/4 cup raspberries.
- Store in a covered, airtight container, like a mason jar, in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top with additional toppings, if desired, and enjoy!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.