This healthy sweet potato wrap is hearty, vegetarian & full of good for you ingredients like black beans, brown rice & is drizzled in a unique tahini sauce!
Sometimes, a girl just needs a wrap. Am I right? Orrr am I right? And sometimes a girl just needs a wrap that’s hearty and filling, without feeling guilty about eating the whole thing…in under 5 minutes. Can I get a woot woot? 🙌 Oh my gosh. I’m sorry I said that. Long story short, I neeeeeded this vegetarian, healthy sweet potato wrap.
It’s hearty, it’s filling, it’s healthy, it’s vegetarian, and man, oh man, it’s gooooooood.
Often, I go through these crazy food phases where all I want is one thing. I’ll eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and won’t get sick of it for like two weeks. Example:
1.Sandwiches. Last fall I ate so many turkey and apple paninis and this turkey bacon bravo. I’ll have to share my favorite panini with you guys soon!
2. Chips and salsa. Still haven’t gotten over this one yet 😉 All day. Every day. Chips and salsa. For. Ever.
3. Muffins. I’m not lying to you guys when I say I ate these jumbo chocolate chip muffins every day for two weeks. Lots of recipe testing = lots of muffins. I didn’t share. 😉
4. Wraps. I am currently crazy for this healthy sweet potato wrap recipe. Did I mention it’s smothered in a really yummy sauce, too? Sauce lovers rejoice!
Let me tell you about them…if you haven’t noticed, I’m also obsessed with lists right now:
1. This healthy sweet potato wrap is… healthy…duh AND vegetarian (bonus!). A whole wheat wrap gets stuffed with brown rice (read: my other current obsession), fresh spinach, black beans, roasty sweet potatoes, salty feta ♡, fresh cilantro, and the most unique tahini/honey/lemon drizzly, yummy sauce.
2. This healthy sweet potato wrap is… filling. Did you read all those yummy ingredients? 👆 All healthy, but all super filling. This vegetarian, whole wheat wrap will not leave you hungry.
3. This healthy sweet potato wrap is…t.a.s.t.y! The sweet potatoes and tahini sauce are the definitely the stars⭐️of this recipe. The sweet potatoes are tossed in a little sesame oil, chili powder, and some cayenne for a liiiitle kick and then roasted to perfection. The tahini sauce takes 2 seconds to whip up and is just a combination of tahini, oil, lemon juice, garlic, honey, and salt. The bitterness of the tahini works beautifully with the sweet, um, sweet potatoes, and fresh cilantro and spinach.
Have I sold you on this healthy sweet potato wrap yet, because I know I’m drooling right now. 😉
If I haven’t sold you on it yet…get this.
You can make all of the ingredients in advance and assemble the day of! Prep on Sunday, store all the ingredients separately in the fridge, and enjoy for lunch all week long! I know for me, before I was working for home, it was always easier to buy a $10 wrap than try to pack my lunch.
Roast some sweet potatoes, make the dressing, and you’re good to go! Oh – and don’t forget – make sure to check out the video above! You can make your wrap right along with us!
Can we get another woot woot! 🙌 for this vegetarian, healthy sweet potato wrap?
Just kidding. 😉
What are your favorite wrap ad-ins? Show me the yummy!