Snickers Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie. Made in a skillet, this cookie is thick, gooey, and has that great sweet/salty combo! Top it with cookie dough ice cream to take this dessert over the top!
Whoa. Let me repeat myself… Whoa. This Snickers Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie is outta this world good. So good in fact that before I made it, I had every intention to post a different recipe today (Spiked Cake Shake anyone? Stay tuned! 😉 ), but then I woke up yesterday morning and I caught wind that today is National Chocolate Chip Day!
I immediately jumped out of bed and started brainstorming what I could make for you guys, today. It just didn’t seem right to skip National Chocolate Chip Day, I mean it IS a holiday…. right?
I already have my go-to chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, so that idea was out. I just made brownies, so I didn’t really feel like making more brownies and I STILL don’t have a pie pan, so I couldn’t make chocolate chip cookie pie.
I remembered that I had just purchased my very first cast iron skillet and knew that I had to break it in with a deep dish chocolate chip cookie. To take it one step further, I stuffed candy INTO the cookie. Jaw drops.
Snickers Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie FOR. THE. WIN!
Because I didn’t know that today was National Chocolate Chip Day until yesterday, I had to run up to my corner store at 8:00 AM. I purchased 6 king sized Snickers bars and a pint of ice cream. Luckily, I was the only one in there, because I didn’t want to explain that, “No, I am not eating all of this right now. I swear.”
I did, however, tell the guy at the cash register that I was making a Snickers dessert with ice cream for my friend’s birthday. I’m a regular at the corner store, and I’ve tried explaining to him what a food blog is, but he just doesn’t get it. I know I didn’t need to lie, but I really wanted him to know that I wasn’t about to eat 1,000,000 calories worth of sugar before breakfast. 😉
I’m pretty sure he thinks I ate it. Oh well!
Even though I’m not actually making this Snickers Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for anyone’s birthday, this treat is definitely worthy of a special occasion. I, for one, would love this on my birthday, as I’m not the biggest fan of cake. Trevor, take note!
It’s a cinch to put together, too – much easier than baking a cake, letting it cool, making the frosting, frosting the cake…etc – and it’s seriously decadent.
I slightly adapted my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe for this and it worked like a charm. I placed half of the dough in the bottom of a cast iron skillet and then topped the first layer with all of the chopped up Snickers… okay, okay… 90% of the snickers, I had to make sure they were good. I then placed the second half of the dough on top, popped it in the oven, let it cool, and then placed cookie dough ice cream on top. Take note: any time you can multiply how much cookie is on a cookie, do it!
This can be as ooey-gooey as you like. I am notorious for under baking everything, because that’s how I <3 it, BUT you can bake this longer if you like a cookie that’s actually done. To each his own. 😉
Just imagine a warm, gooey, thick piece of chocolate chip cookie, stuffed with perfectly sweet and salty Snickers, topped with melty, runny cookie dough ice cream and if you’re feeling really bad maybe a drizzle of caramel, chocolate, or hefty dollop of whipped cream?
Regardless of your extra toppings, the hot/cold combo is killer, so I’d definitely recommend picking up a pint of ice cream to go with this.
This Snickers Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie is literally food porn at it’s finest. Just when you thought a classic chocolate chip cookie couldn’t get better, we make it deep dish, and stuff Snickers in it. Now that’s what I call Showin the Yummy!! 😉
Can someone please pass the milk?
Happy National Chocolate Chip Day (and Friday!) everyone!
What candy bar would you stuff into a deep dish cookie? Show me the yummy!
Snickers Stuffed Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter melted*
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 king size Snickers bars cut into chunks (I cut each Snickers into about 8 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a cast iron skillet (8 in).
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Melt cold butter in microwave for 30-40 seconds. The butter will not be completely melted, but the warmth of the bowl will continue to melt it. Whisk until the butter is fully melted.
- Once the butter is melted, using a stand mixer, beat together butter and both sugars until fully incorporated and fluffy.
- On low, mix in the egg and vanilla for about 15 seconds.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Dump out the dough and shape into a ball. Divide the dough in half.
- Take one half and press it evenly onto the bottom of the cast iron skillet.
- Top with chopped snickers.
- Take the other half and flatten it into a disk.
- Place the disk on top of the snickers and spread out evenly. The snickers should be fully covered and the cookie dough should reach to all sides of the skillet.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for 15 - 30 minutes. Mine was perfectly gooey after 20 minutes, but if you like a more well done cookie, bake for longer.
- Let cool for about an hour before slicing and serving!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.