These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are healthy, gluten free, and full of veggies, tender chicken, and spices! Minimal clean up for an easy weeknight dinner!
We all need more sheet pan dinners in life, amiright?
What’s not to like?
They’re easy. They only require ONE pan. And typically, they’re loaded with veggies AND protein AND they require minimal clean up.
These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are my NEW jam.
You all know I <3 Mexican food more than anything in life.
All of those things mentioned, while I do love them so so much, they’re definitely not the healthiest option in the world.
My goal lately, has been to health-ify my beloved Mexican food while still keeping it easy and delish, of course.
Enter: Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas.
Cut up some veggies, whip up a quick marinade, and let ‘em cook. That’s basically all that happens.
How magical is that?!
Here’s the fleshed out explanation of what goes on to make these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas happen.
Cut up some veggies: slice 1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper and halve and quarter a red onion. Place all of that in a ziplock baggie.
Place chicken breasts into another ziplock baggie.
Now, you’ll whisk together your marinade:
- Fresh orange juice
- Fresh lime juice
- Fresh lemon juice
- Soy sauce (or GF alternative)
- Olive oil
- Chili powder
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
Pour half over the veggie and half over the chicken then marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
Then dump veggies onto sheet pan and then place chicken on top of that.
Bake until the veggies are tender and the chicken is cooked and juicy.
So again, how magical is that?!
SO crazy easy and I mean, holy YUM!
These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are seriously so delish. I love the slightly crunchy veggies mixed with the ultra juicy and tender chicken breasts and that fresh juice/spice combo is absolutely killer.
It’s healthy. It’s delicious. And it totally satisfies my never dying Mexican food craving.
What Mexican recipe should I make next? Show Me the Yummy!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 red onion halved and quartered
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts* 2 (8 oz) breasts
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or gluten free alternative
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt more to less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Slice veggies and place in gallon sized ziplock baggie.
- Place chicken breasts in another ziplock baggie.
- Whisk together orange juice through garlic powder.
- Pour half the marinade over veggies and half over chicken.
- Marinate in fridge at least 1 hour.
- Dump veggies onto a silicone mat lined baking sheet. Place chicken breasts on center of baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and veggies are tender.
- Let chicken rest for 5 minutes, then slice chicken on cutting board.
- Serve in taco shells and top with cilantro and crumbled feta or additional toppings!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.