Instant Pot Wild Rice Stuffing. Can be made gluten free or vegan! Loaded with onion, celery, mushrooms, garlic, sage, thyme, rosemary, balsamic, cranberries, pecans, goat cheese, and parmesan! Quick and delicious! Perfect for a Thanksgiving side dish.
Are you a stuffing lover? If so, you’ll also love: crockpot vegetarian stuffing, best ever sausage stuffing, and cornbread dressing.
Another day. Another Thanksgiving instant pot recipe.
Last week, I made instant pot mashed potatoes, and OMG they’re delish.
Today, we’re making instant pot wild rice stuffing, and OMG it’s delish. 😉
This recipe is perfect for:
- Gluten free folks
- Vegetarians or vegans
- Anyone who loves stuffing, but doesn’t want bread
- Instant pot lovers or those who are hosting Thanksgiving and don’t have any oven or stove space left!
- People who love delicious food 😉
So, what I guess I’m saying, is this recipe is perfect for anyone and everyone!
Ingredients in instant pot wild rice stuffing:
- Olive oil
- Spices: sage, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper
- Wild rice
- Soy sauce
- Balsamic vinegar
- Dried cranberries
- Goat cheese
How to make wild rice stuffing in the instant pot:
- Sauté onion, celery, and mushrooms in the instant pot
- Add in garlic, sage, thyme, and rosemary
- Stir in rice, broth, and soy sauce
- Cover and cook on HIGH pressure
- Stir in balsamic, cranberries, pecans, salt, pepper, goat cheese, and parmesan
- Serve and enjoy!
How long do I cook wild rice in the instant pot?
For this recipe, you’ll cook the wild rice in the instant pot for about 15 minutes at high pressure!
Can I make this instant pot wild rice stuffing vegan? Gluten free?
Yes! You can absolutely make the stuffing vegan and/or gluten free.
To make this recipe vegan:
- Omit cheeses – you could probably replace the parmesan with nutritional yeast if you like
To make this recipe gluten free:
- Use a gluten free soy sauce, tamari, or coconut aminos
- Be sure to check labels on other products to ensure they’re certified gluten free!
Can I make this stuffing with protein?
I haven’t tried this, but I bet this instant pot wild rice stuffing would be AMAZING with sausage or bacon.
If you’re adding sausage or bacon, cook the sausage/bacon in your instant pot using the sauté function. Remove once cooked and proceed with the recipe!
Stir in the cooked meat when you’re stirring in the balsamic/cranberries, etc.
If YOU try this recipe with bacon or sausage, let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
As you can see, this wild rice stuffing is super customizable! Make it vegan, make it gluten free, or load it up with meat! The choice is yours.
Whatever you choose, I absolutely LOVE the thanksgiving flavors like sage, thyme, rosemary, and dried cranberries. Plus, hellloooo perfectly chewy and delicious rice.
Instant Pot Wild Rice Stuffing
Equipment for this recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 (8 oz) container portobello mushrooms diced*
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce use a gluten free variety if you’re gluten free
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese omit if vegan
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan omit or replace with nutritional yeast if vegan
- Press the saute button on your instant pot.
- When the display reads hot, add in the oil.
- Add the onion, celery, and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir often.
- Add the garlic, sage, thyme, and rosemary, and cook for an additional 1 minute. Press cancel.
- Add in the rice, broth, and soy sauce. Stir to combine.
- Cover and lock the lid (make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to sealing).
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes, then allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Flip the valve to "venting", then remove the lid.
- Stir in the balsamic, cranberries, pecans, salt, pepper, goat cheese, and parmesan.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.