Tender chicken, sweet pineapple, spicy chipotle peppers, and a creamy, tangy sauce make this Chipotle Pineapple Chicken Salad truly flavorful, EASY and healthy!
Today’s sweet and spicy recipe is sponsored by our new friends at Chobani. We took inspiration from their new Chipotle Pineapple Flip and HOLY MOLY it’s genius.
It’s an extra special day on the blog. . . Hellloooo it’s Saturday and we never post on Saturday’s, BUT I was just too darn excited to share this Chipotle Pineapple Chicken Salad Recipe with you, I couldn’t possibly wait until Monday.
Did you see that? Chipotle. Pineapple. Chicken. Salad.
Yeah. It’s a thing. A really, really, good, easy, healthy, and delicious thing.
It’s also super cute, because there’s the optional step of serving this chicken salad in a pineapple <– yeah, IN a pineapple. I mean, come ON how adorable is that?
It’s easy. It’s healthy. It’s delicious. It’s cute.
What more could you ask for in a chicken salad? 😉
Before I completely scare you away with this whole sweet and spicy combo, let me tell you right now that this recipe is totally customizable to fit your sweet and spicy loving needs. Like a little less spice? Add less chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Want it a little sweet? Add more pineapple!
Play around with the ratios if you want OR follow my recipe exactly. Whatever you do, I know you’re gonna love it. Just trust me, sweet and spicy doesn’t have to be scary.
In fact, it’s kind of my latest obsession (another sweet and spicy recipe coming soon!).
Before I met Trevor I was NOT the most adventurous eater… liiiiike spinach was about as “far out” as I was gonna get.
Then he introduced me to the wonders of Indian food and all things spicy.
It took me a while to get on board, but now? The spicier the better.
And don’t tell Trevor, but I think I may even tolerate a higher spice level than he can… although he’d never admit it. 😉
That’s why I was so darn excited when Chobani reached out and asked us to create a recipe inspired by their new Chipotle Pineapple Flip.
Sounds crazy, yes?
Sweet and spicy yogurt?
Trust me. It’s ah-mazing. Creamy, tangy yogurt + sweet pineapple + spicy chipotle. You’ve got all your flavor profiles covered!
After I heard about their new sweet and spicy flavor, I took the idea and totally ran with it.
Let me walk you through my thought process.
- Pineapple: Once I heard that, I remembered this one time I had a salad served in a pineapple. It was amazing.
- Chipotle: Sweet and spicy, so I’ll add in chipotles in adobo sauce <– gotta love those things.
- Yogurt: ummm hellloooooo I ♡ non fat plain greek yogurt.
Then I immediately knew I wanted to make a chicken salad (I based this off of my greek yogurt chicken salad recipe).
Ok. That wasn’t the most fascinating thought process, but it just all came to me at once and just made sense, you know? 😉
Wanna hear how darn easy it is?
Step One: Cook your chicken. Or better yet, use a rotisserie chicken for an even faster meal!
Step Two (optional): Prep your pineapple. Watch the video above 👆 to see how quick and easy it is. Don’t feel like it? You can totally used canned or pre-cut fresh pineapple!
Step Three: Whisk together your sauce: Chobani Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and chipotles in adobo sauce.
Step Four: Combine chicken, sauce, diced pineapple, cashews, and green onions.
Step Five: Serve and devour. Serve it up IN a pineapple half, serve it over lettuce, serve it with crackers, or heck just eat it plain with a fork. The possibilities are endless and delicious.
Tender chicken, sweet pineapple, spicy chipotle peppers, a pineapple half presentation (ha!). You guys. It just works.
Like I said. It’s easy. It’s healthy. It’s delicious. It’s cute. I wanna eat this Chipotle Pineapple Chicken Salad #allday #everyday.
So I think I’m gonna. 😉
Sweet and spicy? Whaddaya think? Show Me the Yummy!
- 1/2 - 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup Chobani Non Fat Plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced*
- 1 pound chicken breasts cooked and cubed into bite sized pieces**
- 1/2 cup cashew halves
- 2 Green onions sliced (just the white and light green part)
- salt to taste
- If using a fresh pineapple (and want to use the pineapple as your serving dish), see the video above for a visual on how to prep your pineapple.
- You can always use canned, or pre cut fresh pineapple!
- Whisk together the sauce in a large bowl: greek yogurt, dijon, garlic powder, and chipotle peppers.
- Stir in cooked chicken, cashew halves, and sliced green onions.
- Taste and season with salt as necessary.
- Cover and place in fridge to chill.
- Serve IN a pineapple, over a bed of lettuce, with crackers, or serve plain!
This is best served the day of or the next day!
*Start with one pepper and add more as you see fit to find the perfect level of spice for you!
**Not using pre cooked chicken? Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place 2 chicken breasts (1 pound total) on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle chicken with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes or until chicken breasts are fully cooked.
Thanks again to Chobani for sponsoring today’s post and thanks to YOU, readers, for supporting brands that keep SMTY up and running!