Easy Coconut Bacon. A vegan alternative to “real bacon”! Made with coconut, soy sauce, liquid smoke, and maple syrup! Gluten free! Ready in 15 minutes!
Happy New Year, everyone!
I hope you all had a restful holiday vacation and are having a great first day back to work/school/life/reality! 😉
I know a lot of you probably made New Years resolutions to be healthier and I’m here to help.
For the month of January, I’m bringing you alllll the EASY, healthy and delicious recipes. 🙂
PSST – If you need some healthy recipes ASAP, be sure to check out the healthy recipes that are already on the blog.
But today, I’ve brought you the EASIEST recipe ever: Easy Coconut Bacon. It’s crazy easy, vegan, gluten free, and absolutely tasty!
Easy coconut bacon?
- What the heck is coconut bacon?
- What the heck do you even use that for?! Hint: everything. 😉
Soooo . . . what IS coconut bacon?
- Unsweetened flaked coconut
- Soy sauce OR gluten free alternative
- Liquid smoke
- Maple syrup
I know. It sounds weird, but the flaked coconut is nice and sturdy, so this coconut bacon has GREAT texture. The soy sauce gives it the saltiness we all adore about the “real” bacon. The liquid smoke gives it that bacon smokiness and the maple syrup just kinda rounds it all out.
Soooo . . . what do you use coconut bacon for?
Use it as a soup garnish, in a sandwich, on a salad, or heck! Eat it by the fistfuls. 🙂
I’ve actually had this recipe for a long time, but thought it finally deserved it’s own post.
Here you go. 🙂
To make it, all you have to do is toss all the ingredients together on a baking sheet (lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper) and bake it in the oven until it’s golden brown, crispy, and delish!
How super easy is that?!
Smoky, crispy, crunchy, salty, sweet.
This easy coconut bacon is where it’s at!
Do you want more vegan recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
Easy Coconut Bacon
- 1 cup large unsweetened flaked coconut (not regular shredded coconut!)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or gluten free alternative
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup not pancake syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Whisk together soy sauce, liquid smoke, and maple syrup.
- Toss flaked coconut and sauce together and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Make sure the coconut is in a thin layer.
- Bake for 6-12 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes, so the "bacon" can dry out and crisp up a bit!
- Serve immediately!
*Note: Nutritional information is estimated and varies based on products used.