These Breakfast Bacon Bread Bowls are a breakfast lovers dream come true: rolls stuffed with bacon, eggs, and cheese! Perfect for quick and easy, on the go breakfasts!
Today’s recipe is sponsored by our friends at Smithfield! They have a passion for flavor, quality, and freshness and you can tell!
Breakfast Bacon Bread Bowls.
I went there.
It’s no secret that I love bacon. Please, just gimme all the bacon.
And my latest obsession with all things breakfast (hello most important meal of the day!) is still goin’ strong.
So I thought the next breakfast I gave you should combine my all my true loves and obsessions.
Breakfast Bacon Bread Bowls is it!
I think these totally fit the bill. 😉
Rolls stuffed with eggs, bacon, and cheese?
Now I know what you might be thinking . . .
Breakfast Bacon Bread Bowls?! THOSE sound complicated, intimidating, and time consuming.
But they’re not.
And I’m gonna tell you why in just a few quick and easy steps:
Step One: Prep your ingredients – 5 minutes
- Smithfield Thick Cut Cherrywood Smoked Bacon <– HACK: DICE IT! Dicing it allows this delicious and smokey bacon (seriously this smells SO good) to cook faster.
- Onion <– dice it
- Rolls <– see video above, but basically you’re carving a circle in the top of the roll, then removing the top and some of the inside of the roll. HACK: use store bought rolls. They’re quick and delicious.
Step Two: Cook your filling – 7 minutes
- Throw the prepped bacon and onion into a HOT pan <– cooking the bacon and onions on HIGH heat creates a faster cook time and crispy bacon.
- Once cooked, you’ll stir in some whisked eggs <– because the pan is hot, these cook super fast
- Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper
Step Three: Fill, Top, Broil, and Serve – 3 minutes
- Fill: use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to place mixture into prepared rolls
- Top: more cheese, please
- Broil: melty cheese, please
- Serve: sprinkle of parsley and red pepper flakes, optional, but delicious!
See? In THREE easy steps and a quick 15 minutes, you too can have Breakfast Bacon Bread Bowls.
And I’m telling you, it’ll be the best 15 minutes ever spent.
Plus, you could absolutely double the recipe and feed a crowd (again, in 15 mins!!).
Making these would be the perfect way for you to participate in the “Make Breakfast, Share Breakfast” program.
If you haven’t heard of that program, it’s a campaign where Smithfield is partnering with No Kid Hungry, an organization committed to providing innovative solutions to combat childhood hunger, to donate one million meals to children in communities across America.
Want to help? Simply purchase any Smithfield breakfast product, share YOUR breakfast (ahem like I said, these Breakfast Bacon Bread Bowls would be p.e.r.f.e.c.t.) on Facebook, Twitter, or Insta and include #BreakfastPower in your caption!
Every time you do that until October 31st, they’ll donate 10 cents, enough for 1 meal, up to $100k!
That’s an easy way to bring awareness and help stop childhood hunger!
Crusty, yet soft pillowy rolls full of crispy, smokey bacon (seriously use the Smithfield Thick Cut Cherrywood Smoked Bacon, it’s bacon heaven), fluffy eggs, and gooey cheese.
These Breakfast Bacon Bread Bowls are actually more than a breakfast lovers dream come true, they’re food lovers dream come true.
Breakfast Bacon Bread Bowls
Equipment for this recipe
- 3 slices Smithfield Thick Cut Cherrywood Smoked Bacon diced
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 large eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese plus more for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 rolls
- red pepper flakes and parsley optional for topping
- Using a knife, cut a circle in the top of each roll. Take the top off and remove some of the filling by hand.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Once hot, stir in bacon and onions and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked.
- Pour in whisked eggs and use a spatula to gently fold the eggs into the bacon and onions until eggs have cooked, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Use 1/4 cup measuring cup to fill each prepared roll.
- Top with more cheese and broil for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- Garnish and serve!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Smithfield for sponsoring today’s post!