This Easy Cheesy Corn Chowder is loaded with potatoes, sweet corn, creamed corn, bacon, and three kinds of cheese! 20 minute, 1 pot meal!
Today’s post is sponsored by our friends at Crystal Farms® Cheese. Their cheese is made by cheese lovers for cheese lovers and we all know. . . cheese lovers are the best people.
Easy Cheesy Corn Chowder.
This is what Trevor’s dreams are made of . . .
What can I say?
The man LOVES corn.
So basically, he went absolutely NUTS for this recipe.
I also went absolutely nuts for this recipe . . . but for different reasons.
While I do seriously love how this Easy Cheesy Corn Chowder tastes, I love even more how darn EASY this Easy Cheesy Corn Chowder was to make. 😉
PSST – We’re doing a fun giveaway today, so make sure you check it out at the bottom of this post!
While Trevor and I don’t have kids – YET! 😉 – we DO have a lot of friends with kids, so I know Back to School is right around the corner!
What does this mean?
EASY dinner recipes, please!
With school and cooler temperatures quickly approaching, I thought we could all use a super cozy, super easy, super cheesy soup recipe.
Easy Cheesy Corn Chowder comin’ up!
You’ll start by cooking up some bacon in a large stockpot.
Once the bacon is nice and crispy, you’ll remove the bacon and set it aside.
To the hot stockpot, add in some buttah and let it melt.
****Your house will smell ah-mazing already at this point****
Once the butter is melted, dump in an entire bag of frozen potatoes with peppers and onions.
Cook ’em for about 8 minutes then add in 2 cans of sweet corn, 1 can of creamed corn, and chicken broth.
Bring this mixture to a boil, then boil until the potatoes are tender, about 2 minutes.
Reduce heat to low and stir in
- Crystal Farms Finely Shredded Wisconsin Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Crystal Farms Shredded Wisconsin White Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Crystal Farms Wisconsin Original Cream Cheese Box
I LOVE using Crystal Farms® Cheese in this Easy Cheesy Corn Chowder Recipe. Not only does all of their cheese TASTE super delicious, they’re all natural with few preservatives, tons of calcium, and they’re gluten free. Plus, I ♡ local brands and Crystal Farms is located just 30 minutes away in Lake Mills, Wisconsin, which I think is really cool.
Once the cheese has melted, you’ll season with salt, pepper, and a touch of cayenne.
The result is an ultra creamy, ultra cheesy soup loaded with potatoes, bacon, and corn… it truly is an amazingly simple soup that’s surprisingly loaded with flavor!
Easy Cheesy Corn Chowder Recipe
Equipment for this recipe
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (32 oz) bag frozen potatoes with peppers and onions
- 2 (15 oz) can sweet corn UNDRAINED
- 1 (15 oz) can creamed corn UNDRAINED
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz) box Crystal Farms Wisconsin Original Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Crystal Farms Finely Shredded Wisconsin Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Crystal Farms Shredded Wisconsin White Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne
- Cook bacon over medium heat in a large stockpot.
- Once cooked, remove bacon, crumble, and set aside.
- Melt butter in stockpot.
- Once melted, add in potatoes.
- Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in corn and broth.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Boil until potatoes are tender, about 2 mins.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses until melted.
- Season with salt, pepper, cayenne.
- Taste and re-season, if necessary, and serve!
- Take 5 seconds to rate this recipe below. We greatly appreciate it!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Looking for more cheesy goodness? Be sure to follow Crystal Farms on social media:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crystal Farms® Cheese. The opinions and text are all mine.