This Chipotle Salmon Chowder is everything you want in a cozy soup: hearty, rich, creamy, a little smokey, and FULL of amazing textures and flavors: salmon, veggies, cream cheese, and more!
Today’s post is sponsored by our friends at Sea Cuisine.
It’s officially soup season here in Portland, ME!
Bring on the fall sweaters, boots, and comfort food, please.
Lately, Trevor and I have gotten into the habit of taking Teddy for a little romp in the park every afternoon when we’re done with work and by the time we’re back, we’re FREEZING . . .
What better way to greet us than a big, hearty, cozy bowl of soup, chili, or chowder?
We’ve been having butternut squash soup, chili . . . but Trevor’s favorite so far has been this Chipotle Salmon Chowder.
When in Maine, amiright?!
This Chipotle Salmon Chowder is SO creamy, smokey, and full of amazing textures.
It’s exactly what you need to warm you from the inside out on a chilly fall day.
I could literally eat soup/chili/stew/chowder all day. every day. during the fall/winter months.
And I have been.
I love it because you can make a large batch at the beginning of the week and be set for quite a few lunches/dinners.
You KNOW I’m all about easy meal prep.
This Chipotle Salmon Chowder is no exception.
The star of today’s recipe, is, yep, you guessed it: SALMON.
Today we’re using Sea Cuisine Honey Chipotle Salmon and let me tell you, it is DE-lish! Not only is it tasty, but the people at Sea Cuisine are committed to sustainability. Their commitment to sustainability begins on the water and continues to your local store — from ocean to plate, as they say!
Because of that, you can feel GOOD about eating their seafood.
Which is awesome, because like it’s said, it’s absolutely DE-lish.
Let’s make some chowda!
You’ll start by cooking the salmon. Simply place the Honey Chipotle Salmon onto a baking sheet and bake (from frozen) according to package directions <– love that. I told you I was all about easy meal prep!
While the salmon is cooking, you’ll work on the rest:
- Melt butter
- Sauté onion, celery, carrots with chipotle chili powder <– not optional, adds SO much yummy smokiness and a little heat
- Add in diced potatoes, corn, capers (trust me), chicken broth, half and half, and cream cheese
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Flake cooked salmon with two forks, stir in salmon, taste, re-season
- SERVE! Preferably with a piece of crusty bread to soak up the broth <— yessssss.
Easy. Hearty. Smokey. Cozy. Rich. Warm.
Does it get any better than that?!
Honey Chipotle Salmon Chowder?
I love you.
Do you want more cozy soup recipes? Show Me the Yummy!
Chipotle Salmon Chowder
Equipment for this recipe
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup diced celery about 2 stalks
- 1 cup diced carrots about 1 large carrot
- 1/4 - 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 cups diced potatoes about 13 oz
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese room temperature
- 1 (10.5 oz) package Sea Cuisine Honey Chipotle Salmon baked according to package directions
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot, melt butter over medium/medium-high heat.
- Once melted, stir in onion, celery, carrots, and chipotle chili powder.
- Cook about 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until veggies have started to soften.
- Stir in potatoes, corn, capers, broth, half and half, and cream cheese.
- Bring to a simmer, cover, and simmer 20-30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- While the soup is simmering, bake salmon according to package directions.
- Flake cooked salmon with two forks and stir into soup.
- Taste and re-season with salt, pepper, and/or chipotle chili powder and serve!
*Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Thanks again to Sea Cuisine for sponsoring today’s post!