This Easy Baked Pumpkin Donuts Recipe is the perfect way to celebrate the start of fall. Tender, perfectly spiced donuts smothered in either a maple glaze or cinnamon sugar!
- Some people don’t want allthepumpkin 🎃 shoved in their faces come September 1st. I don’t know any of these people, but I know there are some of you out there. 😉
- I wanted it to actually feeeeeel like fall 🍂, before I started posting all the warm, cozy, pumpkin, maple flavored things.
Well, you guys, today is finally the day, because
- It’s now September 26th. We’ve officially entered the fall season.
- It was freaking 55 degrees F outside this morning. We’ve officially entered into fall weather. <– Yeah right. I live in the midwest, I’m sure we’ll be playing the cold/hot weather game for at least another couple of weeks. Anybody else have any idea what to wear on any given day?!
Regardless of the crazy weather or if you’re a gimme all the pumpkin starting September 1st or not, I know you guys are absolutely going to go NUTS over this Easy Baked Pumpkin Donuts Recipe.
They’re so, so, SO easy to make (and have no fear if you don’t have a cool donut pan, you can totally make these as mini muffin donuts), they’re so, so, SO tasty to eat, and they’re just the perfect way to celebrate the beginning of fall!
Ok. So. I have a liiiiittle confession.
If you’ve been following this little food blog since the beginning you already know this, but for those of you that are newcomers, I need to let you in on a little secret.
I, Jennifer Debth, do not like donuts.
As with anything, there are a few exceptions: old fashioned blueberry donuts and obviously these Easy Baked Pumpkin Donuts. Someday maybe I’ll master the whole frying your own donuts thing, but for now, let’s talk baked pumpkin donuts.
First, let’s talk about how easy these are to make (or really, just watch the video above ☝️ and SEE how easy they are).
Mix together a box of spice cake mix with an egg, canola oil, and pumpkin puree.
Boom. Done. Gotta LOVE short ingredient lists.
You’ll take the donut batter and place it into a ziplock baggie so you can pipe it into your super adorable donut pan to make that classic donut shape OR you’ll use a cookie scoop and scoop the batter into your equally adorable mini muffin tin to make mini donut holes.
Then you’ll bake ’em up.
While that’s happening, you’re going to make TWO different toppings:
- Maple Glaze – sweet, sticky perfection that’s made with powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt
- Cinnamon Sugar – butter, cinnamon, sugar… ‘nough said.
When the donuts are done baking, you’ll either slather them with the maple glaze or you’ll dunk the donuts into butter and roll ’em in cinnamon sugar.
Either way. You can’t lose, because the result is an ultra tender, perfectly pumpkin-y spiced donut with either the most amazingly cozy sweet maple glaze or a nice, crunch from the cinnamon sugar sprinkling.
Both easy. Both delicious. Both Easy Baked Pumpkin Donuts.
Yay for fall!! 🍂
Are you ready for pumpkin season? What pumpkin recipe should I make next? Show Me the Yummy!
* This post contains affiliate links, thank you for the support in keeping SMTY up and running!