Instant Pot Chili
This Instant Pot Chili Recipe is SO quick, easy, and loaded with bacon, beef, beer (optional), broth, tomato sauce, veggies, beans, and spices! Serve with optional, but highly recommended cornbread, shredded cheese, and sour cream! SO hearty and cozy.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 10 cups
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 pounds ground beef I like using very lean ground beef, so there’s no grease to drain
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/2 teaspoons salt plus more to taste (I ended up using more than 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (12 oz) bottle beer I used a golden ale (use a GF variety if necessary), can omit and replace with more broth, but would leave in for flavor if possible
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 - 2 tablespoons chili powder I like 2
- 1 - 2 tablespoons brown sugar I like 2
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more or less to taste
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans drained and rinsed
- Sour cream or greek yogurt
- Shredded cheese
- Crushed chips - tortilla or Fritos
Hit the sauté button on your Instant Pot.
Once it reads "HOT", add in bacon in an even layer.
Cook on both sides until crispy, or cooked to your liking.
Remove (leave grease in Instant Pot), crumble, and set aside for later.
To the Instant Pot, add in ground beef, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Cook, breaking up the beef as you go, until the meat is no longer pink. This does take some time, as there's a lot of beef!
Turn IP off. Then, drain grease, if any.
Deglaze the Instant Pot, scrapping up any brown bits from the bottom, with the beer.
Pour in beef broth, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, green bell pepper, chili powder, brown sugar, ground cumin, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes.
Stir to combine.
Cover and lock the lid (make sure the steam releasing handle is pointing to sealing).
Cook on HIGH pressure for 20 minutes. Remember: the count down doesn't start until after the IP has come to pressure, which does take some time.
Once the IP beeps to signify it's done, flip the valve to "venting" for a quick release.
Stir in beans and crumbled bacon.
Taste and re-season, if necessary.
Serve with optional toppings!
Feel free to play around with the amount of spices/sugar!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 653mg | Potassium: 967mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1035IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 5.6mg