One Pot Chicken Broccoli Mac and Cheese
This One Pot Chicken Broccoli Mac and Cheese is both kid friendly and parent approved! This mac and cheese is made in ONE pot on the stove and loaded with chicken nuggets, broccoli, pasta shells, and cheese! Perfect for busy week nights.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 8 people
- 1 (16 oz) package frozen chicken nuggets baked according to package directions
- 1 (16 oz) box medium shells uncooked
- 1 pound broccoli florets roughly chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded asiago romano, parmesan blend
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar Cheese
Optional, but recommended toppings
Bake chicken nuggets according to package directions, then cut each cooked nugget into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
Place shells, broccoli, broth, milk, butter, salt, garlic powder, and pepper into a
Bring mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
Simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until pasta is cooked to your liking, stirring constantly.
Turn off heat.
Stir in asiago/romano/parmesan cheese blend, cheddar, and cooked chicken.
Keep stirring until cheese has fully melted.
Taste and re-season, if necessary. Serve!
Optional - place mac and cheese into a greased 9x13” pan, sprinkle with more cheese, panko, spray with cooking spray, and bake in at 375 degree F for 10 minutes or until mixture is hot and panko is golden brown.
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 1057mg | Potassium: 619mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1052IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 538mg | Iron: 2mg