Vanilla Mug Cake
This is the best Vanilla Mug Cake! It’s moist, yet fluffy, and is the perfect personal-sized, microwave dessert!
Servings: 1 person
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour spoon and leveled
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sprinkles use jimmies not nonpareils
- 1 tablespoon old fashioned caramel apple dip optional
- Frosting optional for serving*
Place butter into a large microwave-safe mug**, then microwave until the butter has melted, about 30 seconds.
Stir in milk, vanilla, and almond extract until combined, then add in flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and sprinkles and mix until smooth.
Optional - dollop caramel into the center.
Microwave for 60 seconds.
Remove from the microwave and allow to cool for 60 seconds***, then with a dollop of frosting and enjoy!
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
*I used a dollop of chocolate frosting from my post on How to Make Store Bought Frosting Better!
**The mug should be able to hold at least 16 oz of liquid.
***After the cake has cooled for 60 seconds and it’s too underdone, microwave in 15 second increments until cooked to your liking.
Serving: 1mug cake | Calories: 508kcal | Carbohydrates: 67g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 672mg | Potassium: 227mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 791IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 2mg