Crockpot Tomato Soup
This Crockpot Tomato Soup is vegan, gluten-free, and packed with flavor. Tomatoes, coconut milk, seasonings, and more are cooked in the crockpot and then blended until creamy.
Servings: 8 people
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced
- 2 large carrots diced
- 2 ribs celery diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes don’t drain!
- 1 (46 oz) bottle tomato juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter use vegan or “regular” butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13.5 oz) can lite coconut milk or use 1 pint half and half
- 1 cup nutritional yeast or use finely grated parmesan
Grease a 6 quart crockpot with cooking spray, then stir in onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper, garlic, tomatoes, tomato juice, butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, maple syrup, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until well combined.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
Stir in coconut milk (or half and half) and nutritional yeast (or parmesan).
Working in batches, use a high powered blender to blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
Taste and re-season, if necessary, then serve and enjoy!
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
Serving: 1person | Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 726mg | Potassium: 865mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 4913IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 97mg | Iron: 3mg