Vegan Mug Cake
This Vegan Mug Cake is rich, moist, and decadent, but made with healthier ingredients! This gluten free, single-serving dessert is fluffy, chocolate-y, and made in less than 5 minutes.
Servings: 2 people
- 1/4 cup packed almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar you could probably get away with 2 tablespoons without changing the texture too much
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon all natural almond butter or peanut butter be sure to use the just nuts variety
- Vegan ice cream or vegan whipped “cream” for serving
Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, almond milk, and vanilla in a microwave-safe mug (should be able to hold at least 12 oz of liquid).
Stir in chocolate chips.
Dollop nut butter in the center.
Cook in microwave 60-90 seconds* and add more time as needed. The middle will still be gooey, but the outsides should have a cake-like texture.
Cool slightly before serving with vegan ice cream or vegan whipped “cream”.
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
*75 seconds was perfect for me.
This is RICH, so nutritional information is for HALF the mug cake. Trevor and I like splitting this with ice cream!
Serving: 1person | Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Sodium: 478mg | Potassium: 139mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 4mg