Chickpea Cookie Dough
This Chickpea Cookie Dough tastes like chocolate chip cookie dough, but is packed with protein and fiber! This edible cookie dough is a safe to eat, easy, and healthy way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Gluten-free and vegan!
Servings: 16 scoops
- 1 (15 oz) can cooked chickpeas rinsed and drained (can sub with any mild white bean)
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup more or less to taste
- 3 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Maldon sea salt for garnish, if desired
Place chickpeas into a high powered food processor.
Process, scraping down the sides as needed, until the chickpeas break down (you should be able to squish them into a paste with your fingers).
Add in peanut butter, almond flour, salt, vanilla, maple syrup, and brown sugar.
Process again until well combined.
Transfer dough to an airtight container, then fold in chocolate chips.
Sprinkle with maldon sea salt (optional) and eat immediately, chill in the fridge until cold, scoop into cookie dough bites and freeze (our favorite) or bake into cookies (our favorite).
Serving: 1scoop | Calories: 106kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 76mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1mg