How to Make Box Cake Better
How to Make Box Cake Better: a few simple tips and tricks to make your semi-homemade cake taste like it came from the bakery! Use any cake mix flavor you'd like and top with your favorite frosting.
Servings: 12 pieces
- 1 (15.25 oz) package cake mix any flavor (yellow cake mix is pictured)
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant pudding mix any flavor (vanilla pudding mix is pictured)
- 1 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 5 large eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup sour cream room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 batches vanilla frosting for topping, if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, buttermilk, eggs, melted butter, sour cream, vanilla extract, and salt.
Pour into the prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes (mine was perfect at 38), or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Cool completely before topping with frosting of choice!
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
Frosting not included in nutritional information.
This recipe is based off of a cake mix that originally calls for 3 large eggs, 1 cup water, and 1/3 cup vegetable oil.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 128kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 95mg | Sodium: 193mg | Potassium: 69mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 324IU | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg