Tomato Basil Soup
This Tomato Basil Soup is loaded with fresh tomatoes and basil, cream, parmesan, and more! This cozy soup is hearty, yet light and perfect next to your favorite grilled cheese.
Servings: 7 cups
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste (I did 1 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes diced (about 5 roma tomatoes)
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup broth chicken or vegetable
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cups fresh basil about 25 leaves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup finely parmesan cheese
Melt butter over medium heat in a large stockpot.
Add in onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Stir in tomatoes, juice, wine, broth, and brown sugar.
Bring to a simmer.
Lower heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Carefully transfer to a high powered blender and blend with basil, cream, and parmesan.
Pour back into the stockpot, taste and re-season, if necessary, then heat through and serve!
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 254kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 469mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1874IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 99mg | Iron: 1mg