This Chicken Satay is quick, easy, and packed with flavor. Tender bite-size pieces of chicken are skewered, grilled, then served with a creamy peanut sauce!
Servings: 4 people
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce use tamari or coconut aminos to make gluten free
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey use agave, brown sugar, or maple syrup if you can't have honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs cut into 1/2 - 1-inch pieces
- salt to taste
- 1 batch Thai peanut sauce for serving
- Cilantro, peanuts, green onion, and lime juice for serving
Place soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, fish sauce, garlic powder, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes into a medium sized bowl.
Whisk to combine.
Stir in cubed chicken, then cover and marinate in the fridge for 8 hours.
Grease a grill or grill pan with cooking spray.
Preheat grill to medium-high (about 350 degrees F) or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Skewer the chicken onto 4 skewers* and season with a touch of salt.
Place onto the grill or grill pan and cook for 4-6 minutes.
Spray the tops with cooking spray, then flip and cook an additional 4-6 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked.
Serve with peanut sauce, cilantro, peanuts, green onions, and a squeeze of lime!
*If using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak them for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning.
Nutrition information does include 1 batch of Thai peanut sauce divided into 4 for serving.
Serving: 1person | Calories: 534kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 162mg | Sodium: 2590mg | Potassium: 768mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 3mg