How to Make a Milkshake
How to Make a Milkshake: 3 Simple Steps and 10 Minutes for the perfect thick and creamy milkshake! Try vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, mint Oreo, and more!
Servings: 2 milkshakes
- 1 pint ice cream softened for 5-10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons milk + more as needed*
- 2 tablespoons syrup, sauce, or flavor booster (hot fudge, caramel, chocolate sauce, peanut butter, etc.)
- 1/2 cup mix-ins (cookies, candy, etc.) optional
- Whipped cream, sprinkles, crushed nuts, cherries, etc. optional as garnish
Place ice cream, milk, and syrup into a high powered blender.
Blend until smooth, adding more milk, as needed.
If using mix-ins, pulse in until *just* combined.
Pour into glasses and top with optional garnishes!
How to Make a Milkshake: 3 Simple Steps and 10 Minutes for the perfect thick and creamy milkshake! Try vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, or mint Oreo!
*I used about 1/4 cup, you might need more if you don’t have a high powered blender.
Flavors Shown in Photos
Nutritional information will vary based on ice cream, milk, flavor booster, and mix-ins used.
- Vanilla: 1 pint vanilla ice cream, 1/4 cup 2% milk, 2 tablespoons caramel topping
- Strawberry: 1 pint strawberry ice cream, 1/4 cup strawberry milk, 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Chocolate: 1 pint chocolate ice cream, 1/4 cup chocolate milk, 2 tablespoons hot fudge
- Mint Oreo: 1 pint mint Oreo ice cream, 1/4 cup 2% milk, 2 tablespoons hot fudge, 1/2 cup oreos
Serving: 1milkshake | Calories: 586kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 272mg | Potassium: 640mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 65g | Vitamin A: 946IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 274mg | Iron: 2mg