This Broccoli Salad is a classic summer potluck side! Fresh broccoli, chewy raisins, crunchy pecans, crispy bacon, and more tossed in a creamy and tangy homemade dressing.
Servings: 12 people
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise I used an olive oil based mayo
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste (I used 1/2 teaspoon each)
- 1 (12 oz) package bacon cooked until crispy, then crumbled
- 2 pounds broccoli chopped into small bite sized pieces (about 2-3 heads)*
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflowers seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
In a large bowl, whisk together mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Add in cooked bacon, broccoli, red onion, raisins, sunflower seeds, and pecans.
Stir until well combined.
Cover and chill at least an hour until ready to serve.
Taste and re-season, if necessary, then serve and enjoy!
*I like to remove most of the broccoli stems and chop the florets into pretty small bite sized pieces for the best texture.
Nutritional information is calculated using light mayo.
Serving: 1person | Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 390mg | Potassium: 422mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 498IU | Vitamin C: 68mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg