Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
A twist on classic elotes, this Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is full of all the traditional flavors with a few fun twists! It's sweet from the corn, smoky from the spices, and loaded with amazing textures and flavors thanks to bow tie pasta, black beans, peppers, and fresh herbs! The perfect summer side dish.
Servings: 16 people
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lime juice plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne omit if you don’t like spicy
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt plus more to taste
- 1 (16 oz) box bow tie pasta cooked al dente according to package directions
- 2 (15 oz) cans corn drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta or cotija
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup or more reserved pasta water if needed
Whisk together mayo, sour cream, lime juice, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, and salt in a very large bowl.
To the bowl, add in pasta, corn, beans, bell peppers, feta, cilantro, and green onions.
Stir to combine.
Cover and chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
Taste and re-season with salt, lime juice, etc. if necessary. If dressing seems too thick, thin it out with reserved pasta water.
Serve and enjoy!
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 373mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 980IU | Vitamin C: 20.7mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1.7mg