Mediterranean Chickpea Egg Salad
Mediterranean Chickpea Egg Salad Recipe. A chopped salad loaded with chickpeas, hard boiled eggs, red peppers, green peppers, cucumber, onion, kalamata olives, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, oregano, basil, dill, and salt! Vegetarian. Dairy Free. Gluten Free. Meal prep friendly! Healthy lunch!
Servings: 8 people
- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 6 large large hard boiled eggs cut into chunks (can do more if desired)
- 1 cup diced red pepper about 1 large
- 1 cup diced green pepper about 1 large
- 1 cup diced cucumber about 1/2 large
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup red wine vinegar depends on how tangy you like your salad, I use 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste, I used 1 1/2 teaspoons
Place all ingredients into a large bowl.
Gently toss to combine.
Taste and re-season, if necessary.
Serve immediately or store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
I LOVE serving this with hummus topped pita or grilled chicken!
Trevor and I ate this for 4 days, so there was enough for us to each have lunch for 4 days!
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 528mg | Potassium: 567mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1340IU | Vitamin C: 64.6mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 5mg