Easy Slow Cooker Carrot Cake
Easy Slow Cooker Carrot Cake Recipe. A layer of instant pudding is topped with pecans, coconut, and carrots, drizzled in caramel sauce, sprinkled with spice cake mix, and then topped with a butter, brown sugar, pecan streusel topping. Quick, easy, and SO decadent. The perfect gooey, fluffy crockpot cake!
Servings: 12 people
- 2 (1 oz) packages instant cheesecake pudding made according to package directions (each package should call for 2 cups milk)*
- 4 cups skim milk this is what should be called for between the two packages of instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup freshly grated carrots not pre-shredded
- 1/2 cup jarred caramel ice cream topping plus more for serving
- 1 (15.25 oz) box spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter melted
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped pecans plus more for serving if desired
- Vanilla Ice cream for serving
Grease crockpot with cooking spray. Set aside.
Make instant pudding according to package directions then pour into greased crockpot.
Spread with a spatula to evenly cover the bottom of the crockpot.
Sprinkle pudding evenly with 1/2 cup chopped pecans, shredded coconut, and grated carrots.
Top with caramel sauce.
Sprinkle in cake mix and use your hands to spread it out evenly and gently press it down.
In a medium sized bowl, melt butter.
To the melted butter, add in brown sugar, and 2 cups chopped pecans.
Stir to combine, then sprinkle evenly over cake mix.
Cover with a thin tea towel (this catches any condensation) making sure the towel does not touch the cake below, then place lid on top.
Cook on HIGH for 2-3 hours* or LOW for 4-6 hours*, or until cake is cooked to your liking.
Scoop and serve with vanilla ice cream and an extra drizzle of caramel.
*Could also try white chocolate, caramel, or butterscotch. Although I recommend the cheesecake, because it adds a nice tang and isn’t too sweet.
** 2 1/2 hours on HIGH or 6 hours on LOW was perfect for me, that being said, if cooking on HIGH I’d check at 2 hours and if cooking on LOW I’d suggest checking it at 4, 5, and 6 hours the first time you make this, as crockpots can vary so much.
*** See post above for notes on nuts, coconut, raisins, etc.
Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 423mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 2045IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 2.6mg