Slow Cooker Beef Stew
This Slow Cooker Beef Stew is a stick-to-your-ribs meal made healthier. Loaded with chuck roast, veggies, and a rich broth, this is the perfect, hearty fall meal!
Servings: 8 people
- 2 pounds chuck roast
fat trimmed, then cut into 1/2 - 1-inch chunks (mine was 2.5 pounds, then 2 pounds after fat trimmed)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour replace with gluten free all-purpose, if necessary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
plus more to taste (I used 1 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 Yukon Gold Potatoes cut into 1/2 - 1-inch chunks (1.5 pounds)
- 4 carrots sliced into coins
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine I used cabernet sauvignon - could replace with more broth or water, but then you may want to adjust seasonings
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
Grease your crockpot with cooking spray. Set aside.
Place cubed beef into a large bowl.
Toss with flour, salt, pepper, and paprika until each piece is evenly coated.
Place into crockpot and add in garlic, onion, potatoes, carrots, celery, broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, and vinegar.
Stir to combine.
Top with bay leaves.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or HIGH for 4-6 hours.
Discard bay leaves and serve with crusty bread!
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 541mg | Potassium: 964mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5280IU | Vitamin C: 13.7mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 5.9mg