Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Pizza
This Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Pizza is *almost* as easy to make as it is to eat. ;) Thin crust topped with onions, mushrooms, spinach, tons of cheese, and a little thyme!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 (8.21 oz) package Pillsbury’s Best™ refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 (8 oz) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves slightly packed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- Red pepper flakes for garnish
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
Unroll dough with oven-safe parchment paper onto an ungreased large cookie sheet (the dough bakes on the paper).
Brush with olive oil and bake 7 minutes.
Remove from oven.
Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Once melted, add onions and salt.
Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion has started to soften.
Add mushrooms and cook 7 minutes or until mushrooms and onions are golden brown and soft.
Stir in garlic and remove from heat.
Taste and re-season, if necessary.
Spread mushroom mixture evenly over dough.
Evenly sprinkle with spinach, mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
Bake for an additional 7 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Garnish with thyme and red pepper flakes.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 1187mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1085IU | Vitamin C: 6.8mg | Calcium: 379mg | Iron: 2.4mg