Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup
This Crockpot Chicken Wild Rice Soup is easy, healthy, and creamy. It's loaded with tender veggies and chicken, chewy wild rice, and so much flavor!
Servings: 8 people
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 pound boneless skinless raw chicken breasts
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 cup chopped celery about 3 small stalks
- 1 cup Sliced carrots about 2 carrots
- 1 (8 oz) package sliced mushrooms about 2 cups
- 4 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dried thyme depending on how strong you like the flavor
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon dried rosemary depending on how strong you like the flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more to taste
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (OR an all purpose gluten free flour if you're GF)
Spray crockpot with non stick cooking spray.
Place the uncooked wild rice, raw chicken, onion, celery, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, butter, chicken broth, and seasonings in crockpot. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7-8 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours.
In the last 30 minutes of cook time, remove chicken from crockpot and shred with a fork.
Place shredded chicken back in crockpot.
Whisk together milk, greek yogurt and flour in a small bowl.
Slowly add in milk/yogurt/flour mixture.
Stir until well combined.
Place cover back on slow cooker and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 906mg | Potassium: 722mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2840IU | Vitamin C: 16.1mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 1.5mg