Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe
This Vegan Mac and Cheese Recipe is SO easy and SO cheesy! A simple one pot dish that takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 (16 oz) box bow tie pasta uncooked
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan jack style cheese like Daiya
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheddar style cheese like Daiya
- vegan coconut bacon - optional for topping
- cilantro - optional for topping
Place bow tie, vegetable stock, milk, salt, and pepper and in a large stockpot.
Over medium/medium low heat, bring the mixture to a low simmer (this will take a few minutes), stirring regularly.
Once simmering, simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Stir constantly. You may need to adjust your heat to keep it at a low simmer.
Once the pasta is al dente, lower the heat to the lowest setting and stir in the three cheeses.
Stir until the cheese has completely melted.
Taste and re-season, if necessary.
Remove from heat and serve immediately with vegan coconut bacon and cilantro!
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 1176mg | Potassium: 369mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 415IU | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 1.6mg