Roasted Red Chili Tilapia Recipe
A twist on a Thai curry, this Roasted Red Chili Tilapia Recipe is full of yellow curry tilapia, roasted red chili paste, sweet potatoes, and coconut milk.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tablespoons Thai roasted red chili paste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup regular canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or more if you want a thinner consistency
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion diced
- 1 sweet potato peeled and cubed (about 1/2 - 1 inch thick)
- 2 packages Chicken of the Sea Tilapia Fillets in Yellow Curry Sauce
- 1 cup Spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lightly salted roasted peanuts chopped + more for topping
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro chopped + more for topping
Whisk together red chili paste, lime juice, brown sugar, garlic, ground ginger, red pepper flakes, coconut milk, broth, soy sauce, and fish sauce. Set aside.
In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium high heat.
Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the sweet potatoes and the sauce.
Stir until well-combined.
Bring to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes.
Cover and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and the sauce has thickened. *
Stir in spinach, tilapia, peanuts, and cilantro and cook until spinach begins to wilt and fish has warmed through.
Serve with rice and top with more peanuts, cilantro.
*Although this is similar to a curry it is MUCH thicker than a curry. :)
** To make this gluten free, use tamari instead of soy sauce!
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 562mg | Potassium: 410mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6610IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg