Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta Recipe
A completely gluten free pasta dish, this Spicy Chicken Sausage Pasta Recipe is full of gluten free penne, chicken apple sausage, veggies, and the creamiest sauce!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 (12 oz) box Barilla® GF Penne Pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) package Aidells® Chicken & Apple Sausage sliced rounds
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 1 whole jalapeño diced (de-seeded for less spice)
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 (15 oz) can corn drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions, and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and sausage, and brown for about 3-5 minutes.
Add onion and jalapeno and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
De-glaze with 1/4 cup white wine, let it cook for about 60 seconds.
Stir in the garlic, corn, and tomatoes, and cook, stirring often, until the corn is warmed through, another 2 minutes.
Stir in cream cheese, reserved pasta water, and parmesan. Mix until parmesan has melted and cream cheese has incorporated.
Remove from heat, stir in pasta and basil and serve immediately
Calories: 652kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 978mg | Potassium: 540mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1115IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 261mg | Iron: 2.6mg