Greek Kebabs Recipe
Paired with tzatziki and full of tender chicken, veggies, and an herb-y garlic marinade, these Greek Kebabs are the perfect, quick & easy, healthy summer dinner!
Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 cup oil from sun dried tomato jar
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts* cubed into 1 and 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini sliced into rounds
- 1 red onion halved and quartered
- Tzatziki for serving
In a large bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients and pour over chicken and vegetables.
Toss to fully coat chicken and vegetables and store in fridge, covered, for 1-4 hours.*
Preheat grill for 10 minutes at medium high heat (400 degrees).
While the grill is preheating, thread the chicken/veggies onto 4 skewers.**
Lightly oil the grates of the grill and place the kebabs on the grill.
Grill (covered) for 4-6 minutes, flip, and grill for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
Serve with tzatziki!
*Some people don't like marinating their chicken/veggies together, so feel free to do so separately - just split the marinade in half.
*Don't marinate longer than 4 hours, because the acid really starts to break the chicken down.
**If using bamboo skewers, make sure to soak them for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning.
Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 725mg | Potassium: 722mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1075IU | Vitamin C: 55.8mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1.5mg