Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
This Crockpot Chicken Taco Soup comes together in a matter of minutes, is healthy, gluten free, and full of veggies, lean chicken, plenty of texture, and loads of spices!
Servings: 6 people
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts*
- 1/2 large yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño minced (omit if you don’t like spice or remove the seeds)
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes w/ green chiles
- 1 (15 oz) can hominy drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans drained
- 1 (16 oz) can fat free refried beans
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- lime juice highly recommended
- non fat plain greek yogurt
- cheddar cheese shredded
- Green onions
- Tortilla Chips
Place all ingredients into crockpot (minus optional toppings).
Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
Remove chicken and shred with two forks.
Place chicken back into crockpot and stir to combine.
Serve with optional toppings and enjoy!
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
Calories: 317kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 1599mg | Potassium: 899mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 35.8mg | Calcium: 89mg | Iron: 4.2mg