Healthy Turkey Stew Recipe
This Healthy Turkey Stew Recipe is full of lean turkey, loads of veggies, and is made in your slow cooker! An easy, healthy, hearty meal for chilly fall days!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 (20 oz) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloins cubed into 1/2 - 1" cubes
- 1/2 yellow onion finely diced
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced into coins
- 1 pound yukon gold potatoes cubed into 1/2 - 1" cubes
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 pound white mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Place all ingredients (minus cornstarch, butter, and 2 tablespoons balsamic) into a greased crockpot.
Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on LOW 6-8 hours.
Whisk together cornstarch and melted butter.
Stir into stew.
Cook on HIGH for an additional 30 minutes.
Remove bay leaf, stir in remaining 2 tablespoons balsamic, and serve!
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
Calories: 373kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 1967mg | Potassium: 1074mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5435IU | Vitamin C: 35.3mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 5.3mg