Skinny Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
These Skinny Pumpkin Muffins are only 145 calories, gluten free, vegan, and full of oats, pumpkin, loads of spices, and chocolate chips!
Servings: 18 muffins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk room temperature
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted and cooled slightly
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour *
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips vegan if necessary
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spray a standard 12 slot muffin tin with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
Pour in all the dry ingredients and stir until *just combined*.
Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, fill each slot of the muffin tin with batter.
Bake for 5 minutes.
Reduce oven to 375 degrees F and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Let cool slightly before serving!
Take 5 seconds to . We greatly appreciate it!
You can also make these in a jumbo pan. Fill with 1/2 cup batter. Bake at 425 for 5 minutes and then at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Calories for jumbo muffin (1 out of 9) would be 260 calories.
*This recipe uses homemade oat flour. I put 2 cups of gluten free old fashioned oats in a food processor and pulsed until it resembled a fine flour. That should result in the correct about of oat flour, but I always measure it out just to be sure.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 142kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 208mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3690IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.2mg